Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:01 am

Thank you all very much for all your kind, inspiring and uplifting comments - YOU have made our day! Thanks!

Merry has just downed 10 more syringe fulls, a mixture of cc, carrot mush and softened pellets. This was after her early morning feed at 6.30am, her in the night feed at 2am, plus the pellets she has been stuffing down, steadily but surely, on her own! She will be lovely and round in no time at this rate!

Auntie Posy-stretchy-pig stood in for duties as cuddle-mum yesterday for an hour -

After a good shake about . . .

Merry considered her good enough to snuggle up to!

Thanks again :)

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:33 am

I'm so happy Merry has aunties to help care for her. She is in excellent hands at your home, MildredM!

poppycorn

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:16 am

Oh bless her, she's so SO tiny! With Pansy as a role model, I'm sure she'll be full and laughing in no time!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:18 am

She is mind-bogglingly tiny for her age. I can't wait to look back on these pictures with horror after she's round and fat.

Cici sends her best putting-on-weight wishes and advice. And Cici has figured that process out, if you know what we mean, ahem.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:25 am

Thanks!

She is unimaginably tiny, she could walk clean through the grids on Friday. She would easily walk through today but I think she would touch the sides.

Thanks Cici! She will make sure to do her best with those weight-gaining wishes! In fact she has just sensed the cc is being mixed ready for lunch, there's lots of loud wheeking!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:27 am

Oh bless her, I'm glad there's wheeking.

Snick wonders if she has met her uncle. He says he's sure there's no sexism going on here AT ALL, but he's especially curious because he's heard that sometimes boars are the very best nannies. Someone told him that once.

clairey

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:32 am

Merry definitely looks less skinny already. Eating pellets is good. Has she been eating any of that scrummy hay or grass?

Snick has a good point about boars being very gentle with babies.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:39 am

So happy to hear she screams when she smells her food being prepared. That is a good sign.

Are you sure you want her to have a Pirate Pig as nanny? ;-)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:07 pm

I am now officially stalking this thread for updates and, ehrm, pictures.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Oh my, what a bitty baby!

Mildred, you and Ian have amazingly humongous hearts! Thank you for taking her in. No matter her life span, she is so very lucky to have such awesome humans and nanny pigs caring for her.

That pic of her cuddling into Posy ... there are no words for how adorable it is!

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Merry is just beautiful.

I don't know about everyone else, but I sure needed a story of love and compassion to break up all the posts of war and hate.

It's a shame we took Winnie from you before Merry came along. That would have been an interesting size comparison!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Just been doing her first night-feed!

Haha! Big Winnie, she made every piggy look tiny! I think Merry (5 and a bit weeks) is the weight Fairy was at 1 week of age now.

No, she isn't eating hay or grass, just softened pellets and a lot of carrot Puree with cc mixed in. 80 1ml syringes today!

She had an hour with young Bertie today, AldenM1. Photos tomorrow ;)