Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 pm

You and Ian are wonderful for taking her in and giving her warmth, food, love and comfort. Know that we grieve with you, but give thanks that you cared enough to make the end of her life so peaceful.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 pm

What AldenM1 said is so true.

I am sad life handed her such difficulties. But she was warm and fed and cared for, cared for enough to make the hard choices.

tashab

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:12 pm

I'm sorry you had to make that decision so soon Mildred.
Ian and yourself surely gave her a lovely two weeks in your care.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm so sorry to read that you had to make the difficult decision. It's not easy even when it's done with their best interest at heart. I'm glad that she had the opportunity to be surrounded by love (both human and piggy) and was kept well fed right to the end.

Little Merry, RIP and you will always be remembered.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:17 am

Thank you ALL so much. Your words, comments, support and thoughtfulness all mean such a lot to us both.

I DO hang on to the thought that Merry did know happiness for her short life with us. When I saw her in that pet shop at two weeks of age, my heart broke for her. To be told she was the runt of the litter and would live 'out the back with the retired mothers', I felt sick. It took some careful 'negotiations' on Ian's behalf with the pet shop to let us bring her home at 5 weeks old. Every day we were waiting I was worried for her. What they would do with her. But she came home. And always will I be thankful for That! We knew her outcome, she died with dignity. She had her life here.

Yes, my heart breaks and there are tears. But at least she had everything a little piggy deserves during her life here. And that means so much, and I am thankful xxxx

And thank YOU again xxx

minismama

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:39 am

Under the watchful eye of Fairy, cousin Merry was welcomed into a snuggly bundle by Boo, Scout, and Dill.

I am so sorry that you had to make that heartbraking decision.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:38 am

My vet once pointed out that guinea pigs live in the moment. Merry had 11 days of wonderful, happy moments with you & Ian, wiping away the previous 5 weeks. Her life was short, but the last days were paradise to her, I'm sure. And you gave her a gentle & humane end.

I'm sad, so I can imagine how hard this is for you and Ian, but you did right by her. Hugs.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Bookfan, that's really comforting. Thank you. I'm happy that she knew everything I mentioned earlier, plus the last few days she enjoyed a snooze after some of her feeds all 'sprawled out', a happy, comfy, full-up piggy!

I love the thought of that snugly bundle, mini'smama!

You have all been fantastic, thank you xx

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I echo what everyone has said; Merry had a wonderful life with both Ian and you. She was never in need of anything under your watchful eye and care and she was never lonely in your care.

Fairy is keeping watch of her, and will continue the love and care you both gave her.

No matter if they are in our lives for days or years, when they depart the hole in our hearts are big and our hearts are heavy; saying goodbye is never easy.

Pippipig

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:57 pm

I am sure that the baby I lost, Elsa, will look after her in heaven.

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:57 pm

I am so sorry, Mildred. I had to make the same decision with Puzzle, although he was older. The vet said he wasn't thriving-- he looked like an 8-year-old guinea pig even though he wasn't even two years old.

Do the pet store people even know what a lethal is? If so maybe you can tell Ian. Breeding is bad, but careless breeding that results in lethals is worse.

I'm sorry for your loss, Pippipig.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:22 am

If I remember, I think DaisyMay hand fed her pig Jessie for several years. I think Jessie had teeth issues as she definitely wasn't a lethal white piggy.
Jessie was hand fed every 3-5 hours for the last 5 years of her life as she had a molar removed and this caused her mouth to become misaligned. She lived to be 8 years and in fact next month she would have left us 1 year ago.

I am sorry for your lost of Merry! You showed her love, compassion, comfort and that someone cared. You fed her, cleaned her and even gave her a fizzy lizzy when you blowed dried her.

It bought back many memories of us and sweet Jessie. Like others I had tears in my eyes. I'm sure Jessie, Merry and Fairy are all together with perfect teeth and munching tender green grass comparing notes on how lucky they were.

Sweet little Merry was too precious for this world. Heaven has another wee angel. Sending you and Ian many hugs and hope your heart will heal and that the hole Merry left is filled with sweet memories.