There's Magic in the Fur!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Thanks! I'm so pleased you liked the photo! And Happy Valentines back to you all xxx

They DO grow up fast, you are right about that Maddy_harper!

Here are some of the Little Free Library today - with some 'borrowers'! We are so excited about it! There's a FB page (Appleby Little Free Library) and it's on the village website (if anyone is interested)!

There are many, many more Little Library in America, but it seems to be catching on here too now!

http://www.appleby-lincs.co.uk/communit ... e-library/

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:21 pm

very deluxe and adorable Little Free Library. I love that everyone designs their own so they are very individual.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:21 am

I love the roof and the cottage look. It is so quaint. Wish we had them here. It is a great idea!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:28 am

Cool!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:45 am

It looks like such a friendly library!

clairey

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 am

Cute! Alden had a little free library (I dunno if she still does).

Betty looks like she's going to grow up to be a substantial sort of pig.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:29 pm

what breeds are your pigs sweets? Can anyone help out with the picks? Chocks a teddy pig and as his breed suggests hes very cuddly and soft natured.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:18 pm

They are mostly mixtures of different breads I think. Betty is mainly Swiss though. Flo is long haired, we trim her, like a Sheltie or similar! I am not very good at breeds!

Substantial is just the right word for Betty, clairey!!!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:54 pm

I think Marigold (not pictured) was a texel. She had the most fantastic coat I've ever seen--I would have loved to have cuddled her. Mariella, one of the most beautiful pigs who ever lived,was a sheltie.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:53 am

aww they all sound so sweet. I am alergic to long haird animals so i tend to go for short or mid length coated animals. still i had a alergy to my seeing eye dogs coat and her hair wasnt long at all. The issue with her was she shed a lot and the build up use to make my lungs and chest rattle something terible as i am asmatic too which never helped.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:08 am

wow Betty has certainly blossomed but am sure that's all fuff. Also congrats on setting the free library. What a great idea.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:50 am

that is a nice idea.