Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:53 am

hee hee hee. Have an excellent meet up!

Breadfan4

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:01 am

So exciting! Can't wait for pics!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:14 pm

I will wait for Alden to post pics. Hehe.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:57 pm

So first I should say that STF and I were discussing my threesome on the way to SC and I said the dynamics puzzled me because nobody seems dominant. I mean, obviously Steve THINKS he's dominant, but he's clearly not correct. But neither of the ladies really seemed to me to rule the roost.

"You definitely have a dominant pig," STF said. "They just might not tell YOU who it is."

So anyway! We found linshad02 and shortly after Anne from the rescue showed up and there was much pig-swapping and pig-fussing. STF's new mama pig (she got a mom-daughter pair) has crinkly fur the same texture as Snickers and I almost pignapped her.

But this was why I had come:

And she's as soft, opinionated, and friendly as linshad02 has been saying!

(That's STF, moi, and linshad02)

We got home, I set everything up, I threw Team Magnolia into the pen, and then I added little Rosa. Did I mention that her name is Rosa? We were talking about the Carters (as in President and Mrs.) on the way home and I mentioned that he always calls her Rosa and STF said "Rosa! That's it!" and it was. Also, weirdly, Mrs. Carter's actual first name is Eleanor, and that was Rosa's shelter name!

So anyway. Rosa checked everybody out. Everybody else focused on dinner.

Eventually Rosa decided she'd like some dinner, preferably while safe and warm.

But STF is always right about pigs, and it turns out I DO have a dominant female, who suddenly decided she'd always wanted a tunnel just that size and shape.

And although both Cici and Steve asked for their turns, she maintained possession for the rest of floor time.

While TruvyPouf was dominating the heck out of the tunnel, Steve did a very polite amount of trying to hump Rosa, and Cici mostly just stayed out of the way. So I decided it was time to go into the cage. Rosa took about zero seconds to take off down the ramp and then right back up and checked everything out. She immediately flipped up a couple of binder clips and looked thoughtful.

Meanwhile, Steve rumbled around explaining about his dominance. Pouf headed downstairs and masterfully dominated the man-cave. And Cici just tried to stay out of everybody's way.

"I don't like conflict."

As of right now, the older ladies are downstairs rolling their collective eyes. Rosa is popcorning around checking out all the amenities and, I'm afraid, plotting plots. And Steve is upstairs doing this:

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm

LOL! Thanks for the pictures!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:23 pm

What a cutie! And what a treat to see you three!!

May happiness reign in the kingdom!

tashab

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Congrats on the new pig. Poor Steve looks all worn out from the effort of trying to corral his two usual ladies and a new, young, energetic lady.

greysome

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Awww, how cute! Goodness, I'm envious of your beautiful piggies! Currently, mine are all being buttheads to each other so I've told them until they behave themselves, I am taking away cute points. I don't think they care so would you mind if I threaten to replace them with your seemingly much better behaved herd next time? I promise I will only think about committing a piggie-napping.

Unless you're open for a trade...would it help if I told you my Rosie likes to actually "nap"--where she naps and you just lay there and wish you could nap or leave but just like with a baby, the second you move to get up, she's up and wanting attention-- with you curled up on your chest (or in your arm if you're laying on your side) Just have potty pads/towels on the ready since, if you refuse her cuddling, she will pee on you (or aim very near you) in retaliation.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:18 am

I smiled for a good two hours. (Pretty much the whole drive home for me) I got to meet Alden! Ahhhhh. And I got to see StF whom I haven't seen since I adopted Latte some 4 years ago.
I can't wait to meet up somewhere between Charlotte and Atlanta (oh, maybe the beach or something) and just sit and talk. I don't think we stopped talking.

I am so glad that Rosa has a home with you. She just plops in and fits right into the puzzle.
Poor Steven looks so despondent. Or worn out.

I can't wait to look in on the pigcam and see her zooming up and down the ramp. All she had here was a bell and a giant haybox to dive into.

The look on Alden's face when she touched her Ouiser-butt's butt was priceless. It was a combination of sadness and pure delight that she had a soft butt again.

What a totally cool day. I need to thank StF and Anne (Asheville Guinea Pig Rescue) for all of the rescue work. I wouldnt have had the chance to deliver this little fuzzy Rosa if StF hadn't put me in contact with Anne just over a year ago. I am so thankful to our wonderful community.

I look forward to the Future of the Snickerspants Chronicles.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:31 am

Sorry to double post. I was too busy looking at the pics and then Caprica and Layla decided to get into a half sister shouting match about who would mess with what binder cli-omg. Alden. My girls taught Rosa the way of the binder clips. I take the arms off because my girls like to pretend to sharpen their teeth on the top of the clips.
Hopefully she didn't also learn how to sit and pull on the water bottle for maximum noise. I've been known to wake up at 2 in the morning on a workday and grumble "*ssholes" and go back to sleep.

Rosa was always very polite. If she was in a bed or Alice's favorite spot in the haybox, she kindly moved on with a popcorn and a smile.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:24 am

No more binder clip excitement or water bottle molestation... Yet. But she did do this for a full sixty seconds when I added the treat/bell kabob.

Steve was pretty sure the new toy was for him, so she'll have to share. But she sat there on her hind legs and moved around and sniffed stuff like her balance was no big thing. I half expected her to walk that way! Clearly we'll have to work with that talent. Also, it's a thing she has in common with Steve, which is sweet. She's much better at it, but he's older and, um, rounder.

Riahrae

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:35 am

I like to call that the T Rex pose lol she's a cutie