Folk Tales of the Saffron Pig

Magician

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:30 am

...Aladdin being of course the saffron pig; his true colour is actually red (2 copies of recessive extension - ee - for anyone else with a hobby interest in genetics*), but whatever.
Basically I want a thread where I can gush over this gorgeous guinea.

Aladdin is not coping great with the loss of his friend but it's not been long, he has a teddy now which he adores and has been chatting to. If I move it, he runs after it and checks it over when I put it down, and he has been sleeping pressed up against it. It's sad to watch, but also undeniably adorable.

He is eating well: he refused critical care this morning, but began devouring his hay as soon as I put him back into the cage, and has had some carrot and critical care this morning as well as lots of greens and pellets last night. Poos are good as well and although he is less active, he's still been moving about - there were even some popcorns last night - as he's been throwing his critical care bowl around. I scatter feed greens and pellets and all these have gone so he must have been moving at least a bit. I had a nice cuddle with morning and he had lots to say for himself which is nice as he seems quieter now, I assume it's as he now has nobody to talk to. His coat is shiny and his eyes are bright, and - best of all - I haven't heard any sneezing since yesterday morning, which is all good.

Love this little lad anyway...

* Not as in breeding, I don't breed and 110% support rescue, but just find genetics interesting .

Magician

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 am

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Your guinea pig is adorable!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:50 pm

I agree with Lynx, he is a cutie! I see he has a little bit of a gray mustache between his lip and his nose. Better keep a close eye on him...

Magician

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:11 pm

GrannyJu1 why? (worried enough as it is, don't make me fret more...xD)

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:22 pm

You just can never tell with some guinea pigs ~ they can grow two extra feet or something. ;o)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:13 pm

She's warning you to keep an eye on him because he's cute enough to be pignappable.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Aww, he looks like he is smiling.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 am

Love the first picture where his tongue is showing. He is adorable! love to see a picture of him and his teddy. Can't wait to hear more about him.

Magician

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:34 am

He's just realised not everyone likes rodents. Think his face says it all.
:(

Magician

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:37 am

But it's OK, I gave him pellet mush and now he's super happy :-) (and got fibre gunk all over his nose, and his paws, and his chest, and the fleece, and me...)

he keeps trying to give hay to the teddy though which is a bit heartbreaking to watch: he picks up stray strands and then drops them at the toy, then does it again when the toy doesn't respond. Sad :(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:22 am

Sad indeed! It sounds like he needs a pal!