Misadventures of Max (and others)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:41 am

Most excellent! It sounds like you have a bunch of honeys in your home! I am so happy!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 am

I'm so happy for you! For the new cat and the new guinea pigs. I can't wait to hear more about them.

After some serious thought, I, too, gave in and am adopting a new baby. She'll be ready for pickup on Sunday. I have been visiting her and she seems to be socializing well and easily. I can't wait to add her in with Peek and Fuzzbutt after quarantine.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Grannyju, if she's a baby, I wouldn't quarantine her. She'll be awfully lonely and unhappy, and will do much better with the other pigs.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:06 pm

I put in the double wide pigloo but it seems the max occupancy is still just one pig, usually the smallest one. Go figure.

When I ordered more hay, I also got Junior a new cavy care record book and a digital scale (could not find the old one). I taught her how to weigh them and record their weights, and why.

Originally Junior wanted just sows and I didn't care much either way. We got the boars because they came up as available and after I showed her the pictures, she stopped caring about their gender. She loves smooth coated pigs and I love the crazy ones. However, it seems that I am mildly allergic (contact allergy) to the Abyssinian so I don't hold him as much as I was hoping to. Additionally, Elmyra is allergic to timmy hay, but she no longer lives here, so hay for everyone. ;)

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Wow! Back with pigs - it sounds like a happy situation all around. Huzzah!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:08 am

Thanks, bpatters. I was a little concerned about her being alone after living with such a large family - Mom & 8 siblings.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:19 pm

A new threesome of pigs! Congrats, RavenShade! A double wide pigloo - funny.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:18 pm

We just need to move the big box of hay out of cat reach because Fizzy eats it and pukes it back up all over the house. For Mr. to find...with his feet...Other than that, everyone is fine. The pigs have been played with by several of Junior's friends and nobody bit anybody. Junior is good about feeding and watering but I'm stuck with the sweeping of the fleece. Oh well.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 pm

I still remember trying to shake out the fleece and finding out that pee flies!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:03 am

Hahaha, Lynx!

RS, I have the same problem with the hay, although these new kittens aren't quite so willing to chuck it back up. I finally gave up and moved the big hay box to a room the kittens aren't allowed in, and just keep a medium sized garbage can full of the stuff up high enough in the pig room that they can't reach into it (knock on wood).

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:03 am

I'm so happy to see this!

And so sorry I just noticed it now :S

Congratulations!

minismama

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:15 am

Happy story with loving fuzz brothers.