Misadventures of Max (and others)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 am

How cute. It sounds like Junior is learning to share : )

I'm so glad the boys are getting along. I just love when piggys mumble to themselves.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am

It's almost like they were never apart.

Junior needs to work on her sharing. She will physically shove Bad Cat off her book, but Bad Cat is 20lbs of cat and sturdy. Gopher is 2.5 lbs of pig and, well, a guinea pig.

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:42 pm

The little savages have a "cousin?" How many members of that family were there?

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:21 pm

That is just such a cute mental picture.
Okok, you had your share of loving and petting.
No get off MY lap! :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:29 am

And then there was one....

I took Gus in after he didn't eat his breakfast and had him checked out for heart and tooth issues. He was sent home to be hand fed over the weekend and on Monday he had his teeth trimmed. The vet suspected root problems, but we thought we'd start with the trim and go from there. Gus never did fully recover and died before I got home yesterday.

I'm sorry, Gus. I tried.

So now Gopher is alone. I need to clean up the pig room and move his pen and just rearrange things in there. It was a very busy room just a month ago. Now it's very quiet. I don't think I'm getting a friend for Gopher. He's used to his own space.

Junior was very sweet. Gus would run around the kitchen and she'd observe him, point at him and sometimes try to pick him up. I'd encourage her to "pet nice" and she would. She even picked up stray bits of hay to poke back through the front of the carrier for him while he chilled out in our kitchen.

She'll take her little stuffed guinea pig and "give it medicine". Kind of sad that what she's seen of the pigs most lately was medicating and handfeeding.

I hope for happier and healthier days for us and Gopher ahead.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:46 am

Such a sad thing to have happen with Gus. I hope Gopher is around for a very long happy time.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Here's to happier and healthier days too! Not sure what kind of guinea pig Gopher is, but I do think you appreciate a single pig lots and get to know them for who they are.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:40 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Gus...
Wishing Gopher and you many happy and healthy days ahead. :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Gopher is independant. He's not a big fan of being loved on, but he's very enthusiastic about his food and suchlike. And he has lovely floppy ears. And he looks funny. I got dinged for making fun of him when he was tiny, but he does look like...well, a gopher.

These boys were in our family since the day they were born. I held each one in the palm of my hand.

CavyConfusion
Cavy Slave since '05

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm so sorry that you lost Gus. I hope that Gopher will be healthy and well.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:19 am

I'm so sorry, Ravenshade.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Well, Gopher has a stone. He's on meds and the vet said it's small and she wouldn't do surgery if it were her pig. He's 4.5 yrs old and we decided just to do maintenance. He seems to be doing well right now. He's currently doing laps under my computer desk, periodically eating CC. He does eat on his own, but the CC helps. And the computer desk helps keep Junior from picking him up.

I don't know how long we have, but it's good for now.