Misadventures of Max (and others)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm

The boys are still being themselves. Fang/Junior is more interested than she used to be, but for now she can only play with her toy guinea pig. I don't trust her not to try to bite the real ones.

I just realized it's been almost three years since Steve passed away. Wow. It doesn't feel that long.

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:15 am

Fang. And you say I'm a very strange person :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 am

What? If the bite-mark fits...

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:58 pm

I have recently reconnected with a family friend through Facebook who posted about her "baby," who is now 33 years old. I wrote "he was such a cute baby."

Reminds me of Gopher.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 am

When arranging the fridge for Good Cat's medication, I came across an old bottle of pain meds for Steve. I put it back in there because while it's expired, I just wanted to mull some thoughts for a while before I threw it out.

I miss Steve and Jules. And Max. My current pigs are not nearly so cuddly and snuggly, although they do have their pros. I wish for Junior's sake that we had snugglier pigs. She wants to pet them, but they just run away.

We are status quo. Neal still needs a bath sometimes. Still lurks in the pigloo until he's convinced there's something worth coming out for. Gopher still lies about wanting to eat Red. Red still says he will eat Gopher. Gus just wants to eat.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:09 am

I felt the same way when I cleaned out the fridge -- found what I think was some Meloxicam -- can't remember for which pig.

This pic of the Pisner quintuplets was in "Newsweek" a couple weeks ago. When they were about a year old they had a pic taken in the bathtub. Here they are now: http://www.newsweek.com/id/201839

Reminds me of the little savages in the cuddle cup.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:08 pm

I just took the whole morning to go back and read all 9 pages. Wow, I knew you were an incredible mommy (of a variety of creatures) and that you told a wonderful tale, but now I am in complete awe. Not to mention your great names!

Thank you for letting a humble padewan learn from the greats.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:43 pm

I forget. Why does Neal need a bath? Because of his personal hygiene?

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 am

Yes. He's always been a little slacking on his grooming.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm

Gopher still lies about wanting to eat Red. Red still says he will eat Gopher. Gus just wants to eat.
If this ain't a dysfunctional family, I no know what is! :p

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:22 pm

As Neil Gaiman put it, that's just a family.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:06 am

And then there were two....

I let Neal McNeal of the Clan McNeal go on Saturday, October 17, 2009, just after his 6th birthday. He had not been doing well and although he seemed to rally a little, I did not think his quality of life was very good.

I had brought Manfred (Red) to the vet that day, too, because he was circling and not walking right. We thought it was a bacterial ear infection.

Sunday morning, Red was unable to stand at all, and had trouble swallowing his Critical Care. He also seemed to be having seizures. I held him and fed him for several hours that morning, and then Mr. RS fed him twice before I came home that night. Sometime between the 6:30 PM feeding and when I checked on him at 9 when I got home he passed away.

Neal and Red were buried together.

I'm just kind of numb.

I still have two of the "Red Brothers" (Red, Light Red, and Agouti Red - aka Red, Gus and Gopher).

If Gus and Gopher remain well, I'm going to try a reintroduction. Gus is laid back and will probably let Gopher run the pen, which is Gopher's big desire.

They are the last of their immediate family.

I hope they stay well for a long time.

It's been a rough weekend.