My Guinea Girls

dolemites_sister

Post   » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:19 am

My cutey guinea girls...

I've reached 6 months as a guinea pig owner. My husband and I carefully thought about an animal we wanted while we were living with my parents until he finished college. We had it set in our minds that we would get one male guinea pig. However, after doing lots of research and talking to the local guinea pig rescue we decided two piggies were better than one. So we had decided on two boys. When we got to the rescue we found so many choices. I had researched guinea pigs, but really didn't realize how cute they were until we were presented with so many cuties. Finally, we decided on our Penelope and Mary Lou. (not boys..like we'd planned)

We've been through a lot with these girls in our six months together. It took a little while for them to like us. Now, as soon as I get home from work, they both go crazy wheeking. Maybe its because they know they get a little treat when I get home from work everyday, but I like to think its because they love me! :) We play with them like crazy. I love the way they pick up their bell and throw it down. Penelope is a cage biter. Maybe its to show me how tough and scary she is. She's the dominant one. But Mary Lou can definetly hold her own.

I love these girls! I will be a piggie owner for life now! I'm in love with those little lips!!! I'm so glad we picked piggies!!!

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=665922

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:31 pm

They sound like great pigs. It's wonderful when they become comfortable around us and in our homes.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1