Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Emma. She likes to model the new cage items (she's the one in the cottage photo that I took for Weaver's thread). I took care of Emma and her babies and another young female while their caretaker went on vacation. Both Emma and her former cage mate were not wanted when their caretaker returned from vacation; they only kept two babies (the male was placed before they left). They wanted to return them to Petco and I said that I didn't think that was a good idea.

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:42 pm

What can I say, the pets are very demanding. Once the gpigs told all the other critters about how they were being spoiled, I had to get something for everyone. LOL!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks GPF for taking care of Emma :)

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:06 am

I hope she will be bug free soon! ;) Both she and her babies ended up with lice but her former cage mate did not so that's nice. :)

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Some pigs will do anything to get out of a bath. Izzy had her bath and Emma was next up but she was no where to be found (she had been in the basket). I turned around one of the huts and found her hiding spot. She loves your huts, Jen. ;) [I had them out since I'm going to make them open on both ends like the other ones that I just got. I prefer the hut as a tunnel. It provides good ventilation and the pigs love running in and out of them.]

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:14 pm

Awww...

zazzified

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Awwwww.

So since I have another sick pig, does that allow me to justify another JCC purchase? Hmmmmmm.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Absolutely justifiable!!!!!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 pm

Aww that is too cute GPF! Not that great of a hiding spot, but a nice try for sure.

Another sick pig Zazz? Oh no! One of my little stinkers broke his front two teeth trying to chew through grids to get to another pig, so now i'm stuck hand feeding him and finely shredding his veggies. I'm glad they grow back fast!

I'm way behind on posting pictures, so lots to follow.

zazzified

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Ouch, broken teeth! That's one of my biggest fears because my pigs chomp on their bars and pull a LOT.

I thought Baxter had heart problems, so I took him in... his white blood cell count is low so he's on antibiotics, and we're hoping it's a URI instead of heart disease. It's always something!

I hope your pig has usable teeth soon!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Oh gosh, I'll keep in my thoughts and hopefully it is only the URI.

zazzified

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Thank you! He seems to be a little better after being on the antibiotics for a couple days, so I am definitely hopeful.