Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts

Lovemypig

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Criminy. Another product I must go investigate.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:43 pm

I have a few cubes from you and my babies are beyond happy. I'm talking pure bliss. Julius goes into his and he falls asleep, eyes closed; then Shrimpie will look inside the cube to see why his buddy is missing treat time :) I know why! He's knocked out.

Nomes

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:13 pm

My girls love, love, love their huts! Lucy will drag her pellet bowl inside the hut, spilling the contents in the process, and then lie in there and munch away. The hammock is a fun place to hide under and eat lettuce. I'll put some pictures up when I get a chance this week.

Now that student loans are in, I can start planning my next order (but don't tell my fiance that!) Have you come across any food-theme fabrics?

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Okay, three more questions before I order.

1. Is a hut that is open on both ends less sturdy than one that has just the single entrance? In other words, does it tend to collapse on itself whereas a single-entry one might retain its original shape since it has the added solid-wall support? (Not sure if that makes any sense.)

2. What is the cost for a hut with two openings?

3. Can a guinea-pig-sized hut be placed inside of a cat-sized hut for shipping?

Thanks. :)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm

I did find that the huts with openings on either end were less sturdy. I haven't made any for myself so Feylin might be better at answering that one. I don't know if it would collapse, but the ones with only one opening did seem more sturdy to me.

I just charge $1 more for a second opening so it would be $21.

I temporarily removed the cat huts. I want to make a few changes to them before I start selling them on here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:43 am

Okay; thanks for the info. Now I'll go in search of a fabric. :)

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:29 am

Two entrances make for happier piggies when there are more than 2 babies housed together. Whatever one wants, the other one will want the exact one, hence I order cubes with 2 holes. What I do to compensate for the "sagginess"(even though it retains its shape) is put a cuddly cup inside the cube. They love it!

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:08 am

Thanks for the suggestion. :) Do you have the hanging cubes rather than the huts?

Feylin

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 am

The huts do tend to colapse now- but I've washed them so many times they are fading. I think the huts get washed once a week or more!

My huts might be of the version without the extra padding, too.

I just clothes pin each side of the hut to the grids and it keeps them upright! :)

Fred likes to drag the pellet bowl inside the hut too- food must taste better inside a hut.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 am

The huts with only one opening are still extremely sturdy even after many, many washes. I think making that second opening makes them lose a lot of structure, but the pinning idea was great.

Feylin: I think I was using a thinner foam back when I made yours also, so that might contribute. I use a thicker size now.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:08 am

This picture says it all.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:58 am

Awww, what a cute picture!