Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:07 am

WOW, how cool are you!

I am excited about the two I ordered today. I can't WAIT to give them to my fur kids.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:40 am

I'm excited for you! I hope the fabric gets here soon for you and I can't wait to see pictures of the new additions:)

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:50 am

Thanks; I'll take a look around this weekend to see if there is any fabric that I might like. The lavender paw print feels softer/brushed ... is it flannel? And one last question, on the huts with no lip, did you find them to be less sturdy or not retain their shape as well as the ones with the lip?

Also, I'd like to order one of these but only with the pig. ;)
This picture says it all.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:55 am

The one you got is flannel. I personally prefer the flannel, it's just a little thicker.

The ones without the lip are actually made the same way, but I cut the opening down much lower so that I can still sew it on the same way, so it is just as sturdy. If that makes sense. Forgive me if it doesn't, it's 1 am and i've been up way too long today:)

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:39 am

You did fine, it makes sense. ;)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:50 pm

I just double checked on the measurements to see exactly how much fabric was needed for a hut and it's actually between a 1/2 yard and 3/4 of a yard.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Flannel is better :o(

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:48 pm

It's not necessarily better, it's just a little thicker. It's not that much of a difference though.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Okay! I'm turn my frown upside down. I'm really excited to add your creation to my fur family!

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:50 pm

I just double checked on the measurements to see exactly how much fabric was needed for a hut and it's actually between a 1/2 yard and 3/4 of a yard.
I just bought 1/2 yard of fabric for the inside and outside earlier today and it hasn't been prewashed/shrunk yet. :(

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 am

It was really close, but a lot of times they cut it larger. If it ends up being too small I will reimburse you. I'm really sorry about that.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:14 am

It's 18" which is what I asked for based on your response. What is really needed? There is a big difference between 1/2 yard and 3/4 yard. If it's closer to 3/4 yard then I need to buy more fabric since I am interested in the product not reimbursement. Let me know, please. Thanks.