Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 pm

I'll have to get back to you on that one Sarah, I have a few ahead of you!

I can have a better estimate in a few days :)

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Jen, you're quite popular with your items being available in multiple places and for multiple species. ;)

I love the cage pads. I was able to donate most of my towels to my vet and the shelter since I only use them now for the vet bedding and sometimes the pen. I found that the cage pads aren't cost effective for some of the pigs who have a high urine output. Too much laundry! I use the commercial machines at the laundromat and it can be quite expensive. :(

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:35 pm

That's great GPF!

I can see how that can get pretty costly if you have to go to the laundry mat!

I need to invest in a second washer and dryer. I always have SO much pig laundry to do. Our regular laundry suffers waiting for the pigs stuff to get done.

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:46 pm

That's cool. I guess I can be patient. *pacing*. I can do it...I think!

LOL!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:51 pm

I know it can be tough! LOL. I'll hurry just as fast as I can. Unfortunately I have two finals this week :(

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Hump! I guess finals are more important than cuzy beds... LOL!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:56 pm

I can't wait until i'm done with school! 4 more classes ( I take two at a time) That will call for a big celebration!

Then i'll have twice as much time to sew! Yay!

Carrie86

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:23 pm

JEN! Let me get this straight ... you have a bunch of pets, a little daughter and a husband, run a business, AND go to school?!? Is that even possible? I'm very impressed!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:21 pm

HaHa, well I suppose it is possible. It's rough though! Like I said, I can't wait for school to be over. I may get to take one day off a week or something crazy like that! I don't think I would know what to do if I wasn't running around like a crazy person.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:37 am

I hear ya Jen :)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 am

I think it's good to stay busy :)

Here is Amelia's order

These beds were anonymously donated to Christine for her 2 new rescue piggies

And here is GuineaPigFun's Huts

Brenda B

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 am

Jen is Super Woman! She is also young and cute. Grrrr! :)

Jen, pics of the boys in the cowboy beds are posted on The Journey Home in Cavy Chat. :)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:55 am

I saw them Brenda. Those boys are so cute and special. I fell in love with them when I read the whole story and saw all of the wonderful pictures. I told my husband he was lucky that they were all the way in California! They look like they are wonderfully bonded, and going to be super spoiled from here on out :)

Thanks about the young and cute part;) I'm going (actually husband and I) are both going to get all of our hair chopped off tomorrow! We've been growing it out to donate to locks of love and we are finally ready to do it! Jason has beautiful red hair, which there is a shortage of, so some lucky kid will get that!

Anyways, i've never had super short hair and I am quite nervous about it! I bet it will make getting ready quite a bit quicker now though.

Brenda B

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Jen, the bed arrived.You really did not have to do it so fast but thanks.

{{{hugs}}} to you and the DH for Locks of Love. You are both very special people.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks, Jen, they look great. I'll see who gets the double-entry huts. ;)

LANDREWS

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 am

Jen- have you had many orders for the cage liners? I'm very curious to see what people thought of them. They seem like a wonderful idea and would make my cage cleaning a breeze especially being pregnant and hating the nastyness and smell of boar pee and poop. Silly boys..

I was searchin' for some testimonials! ;-)

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 am

I have a testimonial. I am anxiously awaiting two more sets of cage liners because I purchased one set of cage liners a few weeks ago and am absolutely hooked!

With the exception of wiping down the cage once in a while, cage cleaning literally takes me 10 minutes for a 3x5 C&C cage. Then the used pads get shook out outside and washed. SUPER EASY!!! Initial cost may seem a bit for some but when you consider how much you will save on bedding AND time it is definitely an EXCELLENT investment. Additional bonus, the piggies LOVE it! Mine popcorn every time I put a new pad down.

LANDREWS

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 am

Awesome! I'll have to go home and count my grids, we just moved and I re-designed their cages. I think this is a great idea and I've been searching the past few days on what to do about their bedding to make it easier on me. The bonus is like I said we just moved into our new house and we got a new set of washer and dryers so I get to use the old set for the boys bedding! Can't beat that.

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:39 am

Send Jen your cage dimensions and she will work out what pat size is best for cage and washer if the standard 1x2 pads don't work.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks for all of the answers EARPS!

I've had quite a few happy customers with the cage liners LANDREWS. I use them myself and will never go back. It really does make cleaning much easier. I have an entire bedroom full of cages and I can do everything in probably 30 minutes. Where as before using disposable litter looking at probably 2 hours at least. Even when I switched over to using basic towels and fleece, I was still spending at least an hour cleaning everything.

When I clean cages now I take a large storage tub into the room, pick up the liners and shake them off into the tub. Then just throw them in the wash. Cleanup is super easy :)

And Earps is right. Just let me know the length and width of your cage and we can figure out what will work best as far as sizes of cage liners.

985 posts