WindeSpirit.com-Original Cage Blankets-Igloos-Tunnels-&

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Winde, do you have any softy hay racks? If so, how much? Can't afford one until next month hopefully, but would like to know the cost.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:18 am

PBC - I do still have a few of the Softy Hay Rack pre-cuts. Right now I'm only finishing them as ordered. If you scroll down past the Hay Socks I have the fabrics paired together. Prices are under each item.

If you know for sure you wish to get something but wish to get it at a later date, up to 4 months in advance, you may place a order and I'll have it ready by that date. Just make a mention of this in the comments area at the bottom of the ordering form till I get the form updated to put dates in.

Softy Hay Racks and Hay Socks

ctrteresa

Post   » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Winde - what exactly do you do with the pads? Right now I'm using towels and fleece. Would that be an addition to the towels/fleece or a substitute? I love the corner pockets.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:37 am

Ctrteresa, we use the pads in addition the the cage blankets. It really depends on the size of the pads though for the larger ones, some are large enough to span across the cage. And yes, a size may be requested.

Assorted Pads, they are sized for under houses and other spots that get heavy wetness/dirty before the rest of the cage. Under the water bottles in the summer has saved us many times. Changing a pad is much quicker, easier, and laundry friendly then changing a whole cage for just a spot or two.

Another places we found the Assorted Pad sizes convenient are in the litter (hay) pans, lap time, in the sink baths, on counter for meds or hair trims, lining robe pocket and putting piggy in. I snatch them to use around the house to :P

The larger the pad the more area of course. Hay areas are a big one for me since I feed on the cage floor often, second is under stools/houses since they get wet the most. While I like the pads because it has been overall less washing, it is keeping them drier as they don't move around like the younger ones anymore. Last but equally important for me is to change things on the spot quick. Pads are so versatile the uses are only limited to imagination. Clover (dog) likes one in her cage as well, she won't go in there when we eat if there is no pad.

Depending on what I hear back from the lady that will be testing some carrier pads, by this time next month I hope to have some sets available for cat size carriers.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:51 pm

I hope to have some sets available for cat size carriers.
I believe I may have one right here already. ;) Does "Jaz Pizzaz" ring a bell? I believe you made it for Jasmine; it fits perfectly on the bottom of a cat carrier.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:16 am

Oh my gosh! I'd almost forgotten about that pad. Never for who it was for though :)

These new ones will have a velcro option to help hold down for those naughty ones and a few accessories, like a hiding blanket.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Winde, is the foam washable? I want to get Jackie the foam filled Care Bears mat but...Jackie is legendarily gross and it would need frequent washing.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Salana, yes the foam is washable like everything else and no special care is needed. Just toss in and wash.

The daily used things will always be worry free wash/drying. I refuse to do anything less. Special projects, like wall hangings and few capes, are about my only exceptions that may need special care, even then there is always a "BIG" warning before purchasing.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 am

I just ordered two tunnels and I am super excited to get them.

Windespirit updated new fabrics, and you all need to check it out.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Becky, I wrote to you.

You have a frog print!!!!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:01 pm

There's been a lot of updating to the website over the past several months and even more this past week. A new Softy Hay Rack is now released with the Paw Crew's approval, well at least the girls anyhow ;) The goal of these were to get them out in the open more, use for over litter pans or anywhere in the cage, floor time and carriers.

Corner Pockets came out earlier this month and there is more fabric selections to choose from.

Tunnels has many more choices to choose as well.

Igloo's were never formally announced, but they came out late last year. I'll be working on getting more of the fabric selections up this week.

Here's a few Corner Pockets

A few Tunnel fabric choices

Cotton demonstrating the new style of Softy Hay Racks
and of course, here is two that are available now

And last but not least, an Igloo

Cheers!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:39 pm

The soft hayracks sound like a great idea!!!