WindeSpirit.com ~ Sewing 4 A Cause

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Back To Basics Sale !

All Back To Basics are 10% off .
From simple cozies, tunnels and cage blankets, to couches, corner pockets, and houses and more. Pre made, pre designed, or custom made just for you!
Sale ends March 31st

Last chance to order 2016/"17 Sleighs + $5.00 off each
Sleigh season ends Feb. 28th

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:23 pm

I love the tunnel colors!

And I always love sales ;-)

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Good timing! I get a little more spending money next month. ;o)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am

Bright and cheerful colors are always mood lifters! They too see in color after all :-)

Oh, lucky you GrannyJu! Isn't always fun to pick out new things for them? And more fun to watch them explore, popcorn around, and snuggle in to enjoy. Ah, what a life to be a cosseted cavy :-)
Now that you've had a bit of time to use them, how are those rope hammocks been working out for you to dry and store thing in?
Making them for you gave me a bit of inspiration to make shelving units designed of them. It's been hard to wait, but Eric has to get me the paints to redo the room into caribbean ocean color schemes first.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:46 am

The rope hammocks are working great. I use them to store the hideys after a night of use. The hideys dry out pretty fast this way.

I'm currently only using 2; that's all that we could fit in the pig room. 2 others will be used in my bath as soon as I get it painted (will post pics as I plan to paint some murals in there). Not sure what I'll use the last one for... Probably in my studio/craft room when *it's* finished. Meanwhile, you did a great job on them! Thanks!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:27 am

Awesome! I'm so glad they are working out for you. I love it when I can make something for someone so much cheaper then buying a bunch of extra grids or trying to put up shelving units to get the extra storage space. :-)

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:38 pm

GrannyJu1 - those hammocks sound interesting. Can you share pictures? How do you use them?

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:44 pm

I recall a post a little while back that I'm pretty sure GrannyJu1 made about camera stopped working so I thought I'd toss this up for her.

The 4 corners are adjustable for length/height.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Now thru Monday, all Pre-mades 30% off !

www.sewing4acause.com/PAWStore/241-pre-made

Eawinaz

Post   » Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

I just wanted to say that after window shopping on your webpage, everything I saw was absolutely beautiful! I will definitely be purchasing sometime soon, maybe you will have another sale that I can take advantage of! ☺️ Regardless, I am in love with the idea of fleece bedding and different little beds and hideys for my piggies to sleep in. I haven't had my guinea pigs very long and we are currently still using regular bedding we buy from the pet store, but I do not like how dusty it gets, it's very hard to maintain cleanliness and I use a ton of bedding as I'm in the every other day clearing away all the wet bedding and any poo I can pick up and then adding lots of fresh bedding in between weekly bed changes! So I can not wait until I get them a fleece setup. I want to purchase a few at a time though so I can switch them out and have a clean one in for them right away. I also plan on making their cage a little bit bigger so I should probably hold off until I know that the cage they're in won't be growing anytime soon hehe.

I apologize for the rant, but I just wanted you to know that I admire your work. I learned how to crochet last year (I know it's not related to what you do), however learning to crochet has opened my eyes to making all sorts of things myself not only by crocheting, but by sewing as well. I would love to learn how to make these myself as well, but I would need a lot of practice before I got anywhere near this good! It's such a great idea though and I too would love to start doing something like this. I'm a disabled veteran and I try to find things to do with my time that is useful. Maybe one day ill pick up a sewing machine and give it a try!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue May 02, 2017 10:38 am

Thank you Eawinaz! Sorry to hear about your woes with the dusty loose bedding, unfortunately it's a problem many have, myself included though carefresh plays havoc with my asthma more then other stuff.
Waiting till you know your cage size is a good idea! Or if you are already using a C&C, you can get multiple smaller sizes such as 2x2's and 2x3's so you can change out certain parts of the cage while others just need a tidy up. It's a money saver in the long run, easier to clean, and much more versatile to use in other ways you might have, like for floor play time. 2x3's and the pack-n-go play cribs are becoming a popular thing for going on trips I hear. I've retired some early from cage use to use as floor rugs too, back side up for bathrooms, fleece side up for everywhere else, it's harder to do that with larger sizes unless rooms are big enough. We have only 2 rooms carpeted now and the girls aren't allowed in one most the time, so they really enjoy them when allowed to free roam, dog too for that matter!
If I could give you, and anyone else reading, just two tips for switching over to fleece: 1)area pads, lots of quick small area pads for key potty corners, under plastic houses/stools. 2) think ahead for house/bed/tunnel accessories and pick a "will mostly use theme" of round, square, or rectangle and get pak packs of them. I know the round and square seem obvious for beds and houses, but the rectangles (at least in my products) would interchange between Relaxer Couches, HZ Tunnels, Craft & Cruisers, Sleighs, and recently Ellie says they are perfect in Turtle houses, and last but not least, perfect size for under 2 bottles side by side.

As for sales. I'll be having the next one with the relaunch of the site which I'm hoping will start before the weekend. Lots of folks complaining about the new ordering system and I think I'm more with it now days. That ordering system served it's main purpose though, in handling most things while I was struggling coming to terms with Jr's passing and the chain reaction of health ordeals that finally came to a head and gave me a huge slap in the face!

Thank you again Eawinaz, and I look forward to making life a little easier for you and your little ones. :)

Eawinaz

Post   » Tue May 02, 2017 11:30 pm

Thank you for the response! I do like the idea of purchasing smaller sizes for different parts of the cage. Right now they're in a 2x3, I plan on making it a 2x4 and maybe adding a 2x1 loft as well (not sure about that yet). And I have noticed that my piggies are really great about picking the corners to go pee in which is nice, except it could be any corner at any given time, I wish they picked maybe two corners, but that's ok! So pee pads in all the corners for sure haha

I will check back for your relaunch! 😊