WindeSpirit.com ~ Sewing 4 A Cause

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:22 pm

The houses only come in one size Lynx! But like I mentioned in the email, I was leaving the top only half sewn for the extra head and tail feathers room. Without the top, Clover, our 22lb dog, can curl up into a ball in one, she's to tall with a top on of course.

Getting it boxed up and ready to go for the mailman.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Oh, it's so pretty! I bet she will like it!!

I have in mind using some material I have around here for exchangeable pads (that I can wash). I do think it will be big enough for her.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:43 pm

I thought that print would be fitting, glad you like it. Hope she will to! Can't wait to she what she thinks.

jacqueline

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Is the outside fleece as well? I have a cash-flow challenge for the next month or so - but the Yurt is on my wish list!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Jacqueline - The Yurt houses are normally made with cotton & fleece, but all fleece is doable as well. Although, I did find I will have to make a concession for all fleece after making Lynx's. That fleece/fleece houses will have to be anti-pill or polar fleeces only. Houses with cotton/fleece can be any of the fleeces like the sherpa used thus far.
I would imagine so after finally being able to get your cuy girls to you! I'm so happy you were able to bring them home. Luna here is finally letting me see her more, she's getting braver! Be sure to give your girls lots of time. Oh and sneaking peeks but not letting them see your whole face, seems to be working for us 98% of the time ;-)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:06 pm

This should be a good cold weather bed for Mia. And since molting (losing all the feathers) often happens in the cold, I'm sure it will be especially appreciated in coming winters too.

jacqueline

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Oh, I hope you'll take pictures, lynx!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:36 pm

I will try to!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:42 pm

It arrived! And it is so absolutely adorable! (pictures don't do it justice) Such a wonderful, cushy and stylish house!! Not to mention sturdy and well made! I like how the top of the top part is made in triangles (very cool!). And I can see (due to the thickness), why it might have been tricky using the sherpa and fleece but it does make for a deluxe Yurt!

If any of you haven't tried one of WindeSpirit's wonderful houses, you really should!!

There is definitely enough lateral/horizontal room for Mia though I may need to make some adjustments so she can get in more easily. But I am sure one way or another, it will be a warm place for her in the winter and an especially welcome, warm place if it is cold and she's lost a bunch of feathers!

Thanks so much, Windespirit! I hope to have a picture of Mia happy inside within the next few days!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Mia is snugged in for the night! She wandered around a while but finally stepped in. I doubt any chicken 'round these parts has as comfy a bed!

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:06 pm

I have this sweet image in my head now of a chicken (Mia) snuggling in the Yurt. Very cute!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:25 pm

I really hope you'll post pictures on the chicken thread!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:23 pm

The biggest problem is it is dark when she gets in the bed and pictures won't be very good. I will try though!