Protect the Special Counsel's Independence

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Lawrence Tribe:

With polls showing most Rs don’t think the Russia probe is justified (!), it’s imperative that people who care about saving our country, Rs & Ds & Indeps alike, let their reps & Sens know they must pass legislation to protect the Special Counsel’s independence.

https://twitter.com/tribelaw?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 pm

I think there is a terrible mistaken belief that if bad things happen and they support your party, anything goes!

GPIG

Post   » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:03 am

Here Here and ditto!

There must be the ability to have special bipartisan investigations. Our system is built on checks and balances and will collapse without them. The Framers were clear and adamant regarding the need to have processes that ensure fair investigations of anyone. No one is above being investigated

I have been disgusted by the ongoing push for more presidential executive powers that has been occurring for several administrations.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 am

That's true. My dad always said once someone (or a position like the president) gets more power they're not likely to give it up. So it just keeps building.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:06 am

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. ... Most people can bear adversity; but if you wish to know what a man really is give him power. “ Robert G. Ingersoll (1883, speaking of Lincoln)

GPIG

Post   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:26 pm

I love that quote about power.

I have kind of always lived by a Jerry Garcia quote/description regarding power I read back in high school when he and the band had gotten very popular. When asked about running for politics Garcia said in an interview - "I have no desire for power or ever being a leader, but I sure as hell don't want to be a follower either.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1