Misc posts on topical issues

Erinspigs

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Gosh I know Bookfan, venting and being very VERY stupid. Probably thinking to stop-it by saying stupid things like that. Dumb dumb dumb.

I'm sorry, I don't lose it often but sometimes I just wish for more normal and don't take time to think. Darn I'm mad at myself.

i'm going to get a talking to for sure. Fortunately there are a lot of details that have been omitted and even changed, I suppose because he knows how stupid I am.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 am

EP, Lynx would probably edit it for you. Just sayin'.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:00 pm

I was just thinking the same. Don't beat yourself - there really isn't much there, but just to be on the safe side...

GPIG

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:02 pm

It's all ok, I thought it was kind of funny too. I'm not a great liar but it doesn't matter. I am turning the page on a chapter of my life, it is over. I've thought and said that before but there was always some doubt, there isn't any now.

Every fighter that stays too long has an experience in their career where they just get old in the ring one night. They don't know when it's going to happen but happen it does and they usually get hurt badly. I wasn't hurt but I was lucky, luck doesn't last.

Nope, I'm going to help where I can, the fight isn't over, just the type of fighting for me. I'll concentrate some more on my towing business, my wife wants to do some philanthropy work helping others that could benefit from her skills. She deserves some time to do what she would like.

I feel good about putting to rest a career where I know I tried my best. I did whatever I did with integrity . and I can answer for all of it, I'm ok. I wish I could have taken out every poacher, every despot, every terrorist, but c'est la-vie

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 pm

Glad you're back. And unhurt. I hope you can find something you find very satisfying that is safer!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 pm

(clap, clap, clap!!!)

GPIG

Post   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Thank you btw Grannyju,1 it's good to be home. I am actually taking it easy for maybe the first time in my life.

Looks like Elizabeth Warren is throwing her hat in the ring for the run to the White House

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:59 pm

Unsure if she actually has committed to runnin but finally has said she'd consider it (after the midterms). She is one of several fine Democrats.

GPIG

Post   » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:56 am

I like her. She's tough, solid values, a sense of humor. I could see myself voting for her. I'm still hoping for someone spectacular (a John Galt of Politics) to come along that could unite this country.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 am

"Who is John Galt?"

I don't remember if I've ever read Ayn Rand's books but I am fuzzy on contents. Had to track him down and try to figure out who a John Galt of politics would be.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Galt

A short quote from "Cultural Significance":
In August 1988, the Louisiana business lobbyist and columnist Edward J. Steimel referred to the United States Congress and the liberal majority elected in 1986 in the last two years of the administration of US President Ronald W. Reagan as "the John Galt Congress". Steimel objected to an increase in the minimum wage, a measure which he said would "wreak havoc with the very individuals it is designed to help most – new entrants into the work force and new minority workers in particular". Steimel described the public as uninformed people who merely shrug their shoulders and ask "Who is John Galt?" whenever they are questioned about the grip of expanded government on their lives and liberty.[17]
I find it tragic and fascinating how all the good the government does is mischaracterized and twisted. The EPA under trump dumped the disastrous head it had to instate a quieter but just as disastrous head to rip out science and put the foxes in control. What the republicans give you is the freedom to die as a result of lax regulations and the protections they provide us all.

Greed is far and away the most vile sin today.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:45 am

I agree with you both.

151 posts