Protect Mueller! Indivisible Call to Action!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:53 am

Jeff Sessions has apparently been forced to resign/fired. A critic of Mueller has been put in place by Trump.

Mueller's investigation must be protected!

From Indivisible:
TRUMP JUST INTERFERED IN THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION. HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO NEXT.
https://indivisible.org/resource/trump-just-interfered-muell ... -do-next?t=6

Protest
Click on the above link to take find a location so you can participate at a Local Event -- these are being scheduled across the country at 5PM local time. Go to the site to find out where.

Call Your Members of Congress
Contact info plus phone:
https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

From Indivisible:
Donald Trump wasted no time after the midterm elections interfering in the Mueller investigation. But we’ve been ready for this for a while.

Trump fired Jeff Sessions as Attorney General and replaced him with Matthew Whitaker. If you don’t know Matthew Whitaker, he’s a political hack who has spoken in great detail about ways to hurt the Mueller investigation.

It’s pretty obvious why Trump chose Whitaker. The Blue Wave flipped the House of Representatives into Democratic control, and Mueller is getting closer to the truth about Trump’s crimes and corruption. So he essentially replaced Mueller’s old boss (Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein) with a new boss that has no problem intervening and obstructing justice.

This is a red line, and Trump just crossed it. Now it’s time to act.
Background information on this is also available online.

Unfortunately, they chose a bad time for me. I will try go go. Meanwhile, I'll make some calls.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm

My husband's going. I can't - have something else I have to go to tonight.

Go if you can!

sef1268

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Evansville is the closest to me, and I can't get off work early enough to be there. I truly hope Mueller can be protected, but Trump and his minions will do everything in their power (and then some) to shut him down.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Was unable to go (juggling too many things - also hate to drive in the dark!). The local news said 700 people showed up, which is pretty good for such short notice.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:36 pm

We had about 1000 in Houston, I'd guess.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1