The fall of the republican party

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:00 am

This former head of CPAC (whether or not you agree with the value of "republican values") details how far republicans have fallen from the values they have promoted in the past:

By the way, I just finished an audio book (via my local library), Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer (published 4 years ago) that pulls together the roots of rebranding policy and ideas to increase the wealth of the super rich.
i.e. why so many regular people vote against their own interests. I recall her description of their fight against inheritance taxes (death tax) and how it destroys family farms. They tried and tried to find a poster farm to no avail. The "death tax" is for multimillionaires, not us.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Agree about the ultra-rich manipulating to get ordinary people to vote against their own interests. I'd wondered why this has been happening, and the above is a good explanation.

And the way the rich have managed this is through cult-like indoctrination. That's why they all say the same thing, whether they get it from Fox, Q-anon or what ever. They don't even understand all of it. They're just parroting propaganda.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:34 am

The Republican party is a rotten, stinking carcass of its former self.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:00 am

No kidding. And the hand of the wealthy has prominently figured in its downfall.

Greed will kill us all unless we fight back.

WICharlie

Post   » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:08 pm

I think it will be interesting to see what happens to the party from here on in. I suspect Trump will lead everyone on for the next four years, hinting that he will run again, and then decline to do so when the time comes. He just can't resist being the center of attention. Hopefully, his hands will be so full of lawsuits that he won't have the time or resources to do anything. I would love to see him in jail. But it seems like rich, white folk like him can draw a lawsuit out to eternity. I want to watch all those that are in love with him come to realize they have hitched their wagon to a mentally ill criminal and have been taken for a ride.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1