2016 US Presidential Elections - who do you side with?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:12 pm

He's throwing ideas out like you'd have a conversation. He has no depth. There is no trust that he would even know how to do anything nor that he would even stick with whatever idea that might appeal to you. His legislative experience is zilch. Nada. And he is mean (deportation ideas are insane!).

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:11 pm

I just retook it. Bernie, 94%, Hillary, 92%, Biden, 83%.

Erinspigs

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:25 pm

I've come to the conclusion it's going to be Hilary. I think the only thing that could have stopped her would have been the email situation. Nothing will happen. Reading up on Clinton presidency and finding the Clintons had a history of getting into serious jams and then out of them. Not sure if they were trumped up (no pun) or not.

I saw Hilary on tv last week or so for a town hall on one of those morning shows, which seemed wrong because it was one big hour long commercial sponsored by the network for her. The audience was so planted with people asking question that were so clearly for her. I don't really care for the her from what I've read but man she's very charismatic and draws you in

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:55 pm

At least one of the networks owners is contribution $$$ to her campaign. There is flack about not giving Bernie much airtime because the people with money are pushing her.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:58 am

Gonna take it again, now that some have dropped out.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2017

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:31 am

Erinspigs, I'm no fan of either Clinton, but the things they have accused of over the years by ultra-conservatives have been largely either completely bogus, or similar to what other politicians have done many times. (The accusations against Obama have gone a step further and verged on the psychotic.)

As usual, the Onion is the best commentary on a political situation.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:20 am

Says it all, doesn't it?

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:42 am

Took it again. Clinton is one of my top three when I answer just "yes" and "no," but Carly Fiorina is when I give more in-depth answers. SMH.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Ditto mmeadow.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:32 am

Mitt Romney will announce run for presidency early 2016 after primary circus begins with Trump et all.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:02 am

He'd be a lot better than that bunch of fools they've got running now.

GPIG

Post   » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:05 am

I agree bpatters, I've read he is unhappy with the party though.

I think as an American, he has to run. This guy Trump might very well win the primary. If he wins that he's one step away.

Now we all believe Trump would never win the presidential election just like we know Tennessee won't beat the Patriots this week.

But there is always a chance the Titans could win. It's the old, on any given Sunday theory - same with Trump.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2017

Post   » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:21 pm

Sef posted this on Facebook. Very appropriate. Guinea pigs react to Donald Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHrTKrBgGI

"You mean that's not a guinea pig? Donald Trump is the guy under that?"

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:59 am

I saw and shared that too, Catie Cavy!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:32 am

I will have to try to remember to see it at the library today! (dialup= no youtube)

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:25 am

Ha! That was funny. Going to forward it.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Most of my family (if not all) are republicans. That said, they seem to think any democratic candidate is pure evil. I hate that kind of thinking. I'm researching both parties' candidates to choose who I will vote for in the upcoming primaries and election.

I just love the guinea pig/Trump video.

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:03 pm

CCC, that is how the majority of my family thinks; so much so that I tend to keep my political views to myself.

As far as trump, he is a idiot and a bully; throwing insults at other candidates is not going to get him the votes. My vote is still for Bernie!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Crazy4me, I also tend to keep my political views to myself. However, my family does not. In fact, a nephew has posted a link to an article on Facebook about President Obama being on vacation and golfing. I guess said nephew never vacations.

I'm starting to get more vocal in my views because I am just sick and tired or our leaders being put down!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2017

Post   » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:26 pm

I hate these really obvious, easily checked falsehoods! I'm no fan of Obama, but he has NOT taken a lot of vacations. (Apparently it's true that he does like to golf!) It's easy to insist that any source that disagrees with you is "biased", but:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2014/aug/23/ ... -barack-oba/

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/presidential-vacations/

He has NOT grabbed more power than previous presidents, was NOT born in Kenya, is NOT a Muslim (but that shouldn't matter), etc. etc. He HAS launched drone attacks that killed a lot of civilians--you'd think the GOP candidates would like that based on recent statements...

453 posts