Election Results!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:31 pm

OH, and your guy called swaths of people rapists and drug dealers and murderers, but that's OK because they're brown and "other" so they don't count. I guess I'm being too liberal to tell you that should matter. And my buddy whose family left Afghanistan in the 80s because his father was literally being tortured and almost died, well, they should just go back because they're Muslim and going to blow something up (but nevermind the homegrown white guy who actually did...). And your guy got to skip out on military service, but people like my trans friend put their lives on the line for his right to be an anole. His running mate isn't great, either. Not a hater? Don't want to discriminate? I'm sorry, is this backwards day? KKK took a nice march already and someone spray painted Nazi graffiti in Philly. I expect more of that to come.

I get to "pass" as not being hispanic or multiracial because I'm pretty pale, but I took his comments personally. So he doesn't like me or my kind, either and the feeling is mutual. I'm a wee bit peeved that the excuse is people didn't want to be told to treat people with basic decency, because that's how I read your "feel and act toward all matter of public agenda."

If you "feel for me" it's probably only because you thought I wasn't "one of them." You can keep your sympathy.

We have seen the enemy, and he is us.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:38 pm

Well said, RavenShade. You articulated many things that I have been feeling today.

Riahrae

Post   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:18 pm

@GPIG I'm with bpatters here as well....

As a supporter of the gay community, as a person of partial color and as a woman I am horrified.. this man; this impulsive, lying, inexperienced, ugly hearted, disrespectful man is now the leader of our country... This man is supposed to be the shining light of hope in this worlds darkness be but he is not, he himself is darkness. And sadly we are all consumed in it for the next 4 years

New crippling taxes on middle class americans, his social stances on sexual health options for men but mainly his disrespect for women, non americans disabled people and colored... My question is WHEN did this become OKAY? No, when did this become MORALLY okay. Mother's who voted for him tis is the example you want for your son's.. to grab them by the privates. Is this the example to set for our girls? To only be valued because of their looks?

I just hope he gets his head out of his ass and runs this country the way GOD intended and not the way MAN , HE wants.

Kelsie

Post   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:05 pm

I am just sick about this outcome. This horrible man is not worthy to walk the hallowed halls of the White House.

With the hateful way he ran his campaign and all the vile stories that came out about how he viewed women and the absolutely despicable treatment of them... how in the world did this man become our president?

Things are going to change during the next four years and it's not going to be for the better.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:20 pm

I am way too jaded to think any good will come of this. But like I told a younger friend "You hold onto that hope. Someone ought to."

He got elected because enough people agreed with him. The KKK gave him a resounding endorsement! But nobody's hateful or discriminatory! I don't quite believe that, do you?

Our country is an effing mess in so many ways. Somehow serving your country and being a POW for five years gets one called a "loser" but that is OK. Just don't call anyone "deplorable". That's too far.

I will say that I "grew up country" so much that my HS had a cow. Like on the premises. And FHA was the largest club. I would rather chew my arm off than live there again because of narrow minded people - and that was way before this election. There's a lot of reasons I skipped town as fast as I could and stayed gone.

GPIG

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:25 am

I have no sympathy for you Raven Shade. You are an example of precisely why I voted for Trump - misinformed, full of hyperbole and hypocrisy. I didn't think you were one of them? One of what? You probably haven't read all my posts, I wouldn't expect you to, but I'm part African American. My mother was Black.

Your friend who served in Afghanistan also doesn’t move me. I was there for multipole deployments.. It’s called service to your country and I expect my children to serve in some capacity as was every member of my family for generations. I doubt you get that concept. It’s seems you have to fall back on the old, I have a friend for you association. I don’t expect a special bathroom because I served, actually I expect nothing at all except the health care for the wounds I sustained and was promised, I don’t have that now, Obama has not done anything for me. I should vote for more of the same?

I have no opinion towards sexual orientation, what I don’t want is my taxpayer money going to build special bathrooms in elementary school, elementary school. That’s what I mean about too liberal, the president of the US holding a press conference to announce there should be transgendered bathrooms in schools. I expect the same rights for every American citizen regardless of their color, sexual orientation or where they came from. I don’t expect those rights to carry over for people here illegally. Illegally, A key word you seem to miss Raven Shade. If that's racist, than label me one, it’s the mantra of your party and another reason to dislike your candidate. You don’t seem to be getting that over 55million people voted for Trump, are they all racist KKK haters? I'm sure your hometown is just as happy as you are that you’ve left, you’re also free to leave the country if you like, lots of jobs overseas. I thought Mr Raven Shade was a member of the evil KKK loving party, the Republicans? I’m not even a member can’t you focus your vitriol out on him? Look in the mirror; it is you who seem filled with hate and lack tolerance except for what you are told is the Correct tolerance and it is ok for you to offend by labeling people rednecks because that one’s ok with the pc police I guess, at least in your mind.

baotters, I don't think it’s ok to grab and kiss a woman as he was accused of. I also don't think it would be ok for my husband, as president of the US to have sex with a 20 year old (around 20, I think) intern in the oval office. And not to get graphic but we all know what he did. That's ok? None of my business but she must have found a way around it to have stayed with him, no? I can disagree with an action but not condone it and still vote for the person. I mean, you did vote for Bill right?

The personal things I kind of kept out of my decision process and stuck to who I thought would provide a better chance to improve the economy and most important to me, who I thought least likely to take us to war. That will always be my first priority when choosing a presidential candidate. My wife voted for Trump, I think. We don’t’ discuss politics or religion.

JX4

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:35 am

Well you are wrong about Trump being better to fix the economy. Look at the economy under Reagan, Bill Clinton, both Bushes and Obama. But more importantly, look at the economy in my state, Kansas. Gov. Brownback has been putting into practice since 2012 the very same policies Trump says he will do. Republicans control all three branches of government here and it is a disaster. Our economy is in the tank and getting worse. Because he eliminated all income tax for many businesses and slashed taxes for the wealthy. However, he has raised taxes on the poor and middle class to try to stop the bleeding of our state budget. Schools are suffering, the disabled and elderly are suffering because the money just isn't there. But if he would just reinstate the tax levels in place before he slashed them, we would have a balanced budget. But he won't.

So, if Trump really does as he has said he will do, just look at Kansas to see where this country will end up.

meganmarie

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:40 am

I get that you may feel like you're being attacked, but attacking others and being nasty isn't the way to get. We're all pretty sore about this election, it's been rough. We shouldn't be outwardly nasty to eachother, though.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:04 am

I thought this article on Trump supporters was sobering
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/nov/03/trump-supporters-us-elections?

I don't think it's fair to brand Trump supporters as racists. In the UK we just had a vote for Brexit, while the motivator seemed to be racism for some people recorded by the media for others it seemed to be triggered by frustration and the feeling of being powerless, they didn't want foreigners out they felt like the UK should stand alone.

What a state the UK and US must be in if voters feel like they need to vote for someone who says awful things on stage and gets away with it (disrespecting military personnel injured in combat/ announcing EU citizens will be send back to their own country in Brexit) to trigger change from the status quo to feel in control.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:06 am

I just came from a guinea pig cuddle/me crying session.

Gpig, you are horrible to say you don't have sympathy for a fellow citizen. I also don't like how you discounted RavenShade's concerns. People like you are a major part of why I am so upset. You can't even be a good sport by being a good winner.

Meganmarie, that's a large part of why I am now so upset. Yes, I hate that Trump won. I especially hate that people have been emboldened to attack, demean, and disrespect their fellow citizens.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:08 am

Kelsie, two issues- abortion and Supreme Court justices. Many otherwise good Christian people were lead that Trump will be their savior and take things back to where they were.

I'm Christian, but I didn't buy into that hogwash.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:03 am

"I have no sympathy for you Raven Shade. You are an example of precisely why I voted for Trump - misinformed, full of hyperbole and hypocrisy." That is a rotten thing to say. You could say the same bitter and misguided thing to many of the rest of us. You have so many of your own facts wrong.

"I have no opinion towards sexual orientation, what I don’t want is my taxpayer money going to build special bathrooms in elementary school, elementary school. That’s what I mean about too liberal, the president of the US holding a press conference to announce there should be transgendered bathrooms in schools. "

This is hogwash. The Departments of Justice and Education (not Obama) are not talking about building special bathrooms but talking about children using the bathroom of the gender they identify with. A school could, however, have individual user bathrooms available to all students if they chose to. They want them treated equally.

"Restrooms and Locker Rooms. A school may provide separate facilities on the basis of sex, but must allow transgender students access to such facilities consistent with their gender identity. A school may not require transgender students to use facilities inconsistent with their gender identity or to use individual-user facilities when other students are not required to do so. A school may, however, make individual-user options available to all students who voluntarily seek additional privacy."

Many issues answered at Snopes regarding regulations by The Departments of Justice and Education (not Obama) on transgender students:
http://www.snopes.com/obama-transgender-bathrooms/

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:11 am

GPIG, I'm not condoning Bill Clinton's actions, but you're comparing apples and asparagus. His women were adults and the sex consensual. Trump was talking (and it wasn't an accusation, by the way, it was an admission by him, on tape) about kissing and groping women he'd just met for the first time, without even saying hello.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:27 am

Aw, man. I took too long and got locked out. So I'll have to summarize. Which is a shame, because I liked that post.

My friend doesn't want a special bathroom. My friend wants to use the bathroom, without harassment, like any other woman. She doesn't want to have to consult a map and see where it's "OK" for her. My other friend is cis-gendered and would like the creepy lady at Target not to peer in at her to check for a penis. What's already been happening is that women born as women are being unfairly harassed for doing exactly what people say they want them to do - use the bathroom of their gender of birth. But if you look too masculine, I guess that doesn't matter. My daughter better not cut her hair. And if you are a kid who already has so much stacked against you, it's OK to push you even further and make going to the bathroom at school an issue. Separate but equal is a slippery slide.

Some places are going for single toilet restrooms which surely have to be more expensive than a bunch of stalls, but if it makes the creepy Target lady and her friends feel better...

I mention my friends because they are my friends. They are the people I eat with, work with, grew up with...I care about them, their families, their children. They aren't people I knew only back when. They are people I know now. They are the faces of my community that are affected by the hatred in this country. My momma wore combat boots and I worry about her, too. We've talked about what we would do if anti-Semitism showed up here. There's already been swastikas painted on another nearby school. I have to wonder what our late neighbor would think about everything, being a German Jew who escaped the Holocaust. Years ago he looked at us hanging flags and said matter of factly, "When Hitler came to power, everyone hung flags. I don't hang flags anymore."

We didn't know each other's genetics but I still took it as "other." Don't call us x but you can call them y. Those people over there who don't count. That's how that read. And when someone like him disparages Latinos, I take umbrage at that.

I didn't say I don't struggle with illegal immigration, but I do think that building a wall is ridiculous, as is mass deportation. I also think telling people that all Muslims need to go or are terrorists is wrong. I have an idea, why don't we get the blueprint from Gorbechev. One side can be pretty and one side can be blank - because if you get that close, we'll just shoot you. It'll be great practice for our already militarized police when they confront an unarmed black man.

C. Cole, I'm sure that GPIG knew what he was getting into by posting, as did I when replying. I might seem slightly light-hearted here, but I'm actually in a pretty dark place. It's not all about the president elect, really. It's about him representing a really hateful country. I don't think that everyone who voted for him is racist just because the KKK had a parade, but if a group like the KKK rejoices, he had to have said something that struck a chord with them, no? But at least I'm not the guy who tried to kill himself yesterday jumping off an overpass.

I find it really funny that Hillary is held to the fire for Bill's affair, whilst the other guy can grab women without their consent and that's somehow OK. Sexual assault for the win! She can't get credit for preserving her marriage, but the other guy can be married 3 times and cheat on at least the first with the second. He can have "indiscretions" and be a bad boy but nobody else can. Funny that.

My husband? Swing and miss. Oh, he's a card-carrying Republican alright. But no venom here. He votes his conscious, not his party. Neither of us tend to vote a straight ticket. I'll back a Republican if I think it's the right person for the job. He takes issue with many of the same issues I do. I know because we do talk about it in our family. He kind of doesn't like that his daughters are likely to have issues with things like family planning because the Tea Party and similar have problems with them controlling their own bodies. For example. We both think the party is far from what it was and should be.

Right now Mr. RS is at a meeting with the CIO to try to keep his job. He's kind of got a double whammy coming - hiring freezes (which will make his life so much fun when all the workers retire and he can't backfill) and the probable dismantling of the ACA. I kind of want to keep my house, so it's good for him to put in face time with someone like the CIO. He hasn't done military service, but he's worked for the federal government for more than 25 years. Would be a shame to lose his job now - especially since 25 years of corporate knowledge would go with him. Not every fed is as hardworking, but I'd say most are. And, really, a freeze just means fewer feds to do the job. The job needs to get done so there will need to be more contractors. Which are more expensive. That doesn't really make a lot of mathematic sense, does it? Or sh!t just won't get done.

But it'll be OK because somehow our economy will do better run by someone who keeps going bankrupt and I won't have to ask my grandma for the recipe for ketchup sandwiches. And I better load up on beer because someone who spouts off at 3AM on Twitter or who just can't resist saying snide comments during a debate ought to make for a swell drinking game. It'll be like colonial times when you didn't drink the water because it was contaminated. Ask Flint how money saving vs water quality goes. Without the EPA, more of us might have to buy bottled, but bathing our children in bottled water will be great for someone's economy.

Oh, GPIG, I didn't say Redneck, you did. I said narrow minded, and there sure are a lot of them in that town. I love me a good Jeff Foxworthy "You might be a Redneck if..." because that's how I grew up. Trailer Trash, that's me. BUT as Maya Angelou said, "I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."

I have no hope for the future other than there is one. If not for me, for my daughter. Right now it looks pretty bleak.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:41 am

I'm reacting to this with almost as much shock & fear as I did to 9/11. I am just stunned. And I am somewhat ashamed to say, as I was out & about yesterday I kept looking at people & thinking "Did you vote for him? You are my enemy."

At my place of work we almost all supported Hillary, even if it was without enthusiasm. But one of my buddies is a Republican & I'm pretty sure she voted for Darth. And she no racist, not at all. We really didn't talk much and there was definitely a tension. And that's what polarization does. And I will hold her responsible, along with millions of others, when bad stuff starts happening. I want to ask her (but won't) if she gets her news from anywhere but Faux News & internet right wing echo chambers.

In other news, what's going to happen to the 20,000 million people who have insurance through ACA?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:47 am

From CNN in May:

Donald Trump dubs himself the "king of debt." Experts say he doesn't have a clue -- at least when it comes to U.S. government debt.

Only a few weeks ago, Trump said he could eliminate federal debt in just eight years, a nearly impossible task. Trump's own tax plan would add trillions to the debt.

Now he says the U.S. should just borrow more and renegotiate the terms later.

"I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal," Trump said on CNBC last week.

The reaction on Wall Street and in Washington was that Trump can't be serious. U.S. bonds are seen as one of the safest (if not THE safest) places to put your money in the world. Tinkering with that would almost certainly hurt America for years to come.
"Mr. Trump doesn't have a coherent idea of what he's talking about," says Michael Strain, an economic policy expert at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. "This is the bond market equivalent of 'we're going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it.'"

My understanding of this was that he thinks it's ok to default on US bonds "one of the safest (if not THE safest) places to put your money in the world"

That would have huge global economic repercussions.

And it just goes on & on - his wacky, irresponsible ideas.

What color stars do you think he'll choose for the Muslims to wear?

And now he's the most powerful person in...the...world.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:16 pm

I just read that McConnell is saying that, "Congressional GOP pledges swift action on Trump's agenda". I am really angry. They have sat on their thumbs and not helped the Democrat President Obama. They won't even have a hearing for the Supreme Court justice that President Obama nominated. I'm not saying they have to approve the justice; they just need to have a hearing.

Democrats are being told to grow up, get over it, etc.

Some of those people are really sore winners.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Honestly, I hope the Dems stonewall the way the Reps have been doing for the last 8 years. Totally hypocritical to tell the Dems to grow up after years of Republican sore loser, childish behavior.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Here's our new first lady - X-rated:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/donald-trump-melania-trump-knauss-first-lady-erections

Lynx may delete this soon.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Bookfan, that is one reason I say the Christian conservative evangelical crowd has lost my respect. Just a few years ago, they would have never stood for electing someone like Trump with his pornographic model wife.

I know those pictures are in the past, but they refused to forgive and forget things in the Clinton's past. I feel it goes both way.

Thank you for posting this.

174 posts