How to Fight Back

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:55 am

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Call your representative to the House of Representatives, esp. if he or she is a Republican.

I just called mine - a real right winger.

I asked the aid who answers phones (called the local number) to relay two messages to my representative:

1) to please bring the Senate sanctions bill to the House floor intact and vote *for* it.

This bill contains sanctions against Russia & Trump can't do anything sanction-wise (such as lifting them) without going through Congress. It passed 98-2 in the Senate. The House is messing around per usual where Trump & Russia are concerned.

2) to remind my representative that she took an oath to protect the Constitution (*not* the president) from enemies both foreign & domestic (Putin being the foreign enemy & Trump the domestic one)

I had to write the second one down so I got it all out right. Got the wording from my sister. Took notes.

Anyone with a Republican representative can google for contact info to get a phone number. The second point is the most important. And timely considering all the Russia stuff that's come out in the last week. Call!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:27 pm

I have a republican rep. I will try to remember to call in the morning.

63 posts