How to Fight Back

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 pm

My sister passed this on:

Robert Reich on Facebook:

I had breakfast recently with a friend who's a former Republican member of Congress. Here's what he said:

Him: Trump is no Republican. He’s just a big fat ego.

Me: Then why didn’t you speak out against him during the campaign?

Him: You kidding? I was surrounded by Trump voters. I’d have been shot.

Me: So what now? What are your former Republican colleagues going to do?

Him (smirking): They’ll play along for a while.

Me: A while?

Him: They’ll get as much as they want – tax cuts galore, deregulation, military buildup, slash all those poverty programs, and then get to work on Social Security and Medicare – and blame him. And he’s such a fool he’ll want to take credit for everything.

Me: And then what?

Him (laughing): They like Pence.

Me: What do you mean?

Him: Pence is their guy. They all think Trump is out of his mind.

Me: So what?

Him: So the moment Trump does something really dumb – steps over the line – violates the law in a big stupid clumsy way … and you know he will ...

Me: They impeach him?

Him: You bet. They pull the trigger.

This doesn't surprise me. If we end up with Pence there will still be just as much need for activism.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:46 pm

I read this. Rings of truth.

But the Republicans will have dirty hands too. Filthy hands. When they legislate some of these changes.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 am

Some important points are emphasized in this article that references the Indivisible guide. Like:

"Keep track of when you sent a letter or contact and the time it took you to receive a response. Not only share your response with others, as indicated in the guide, indicate how long it took you to get a response."

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/21/1622673/-Nuts-amp- ... presentative

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:03 pm

We had our first protest yesterday at our Republican senator's local office. There were about 100 people from Moveon, the women's march group & us. Ten people went into the office to talk briefly with the staffer. The rest of us stood by the busy intersection & protested. Lots of honking, waves & fists out the window in support.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:10 pm

At least some of you got in.

A group of us went to both Cruz and Cornyn's offices yesterday and had the police called on us at Cruz's office. The staff then locked the door and left for the day.

Cornyn's office let a few in, then shut it down, and had building management post a notice saying no one could protest in the building. Not that anybody had tried to.

Burnt Orange posted articles about both, and Van Jones, of CNN, posted it on his half million + Twitter feed.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:37 pm

You guys rock!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:20 am

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:47 am

Yea! Just read it. Our group has planned on protesting each Tues. It will be interesting to see how this evolves, now that they (congress people) know what's up. We got a brief spot on local news.

I read your article, Lynx. Lots of good points.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Want to call Trump? I hear he has disconnected his comment line.

How can you call? How about a Satellite White House!

Bernie set up a call system to send you to one of his properties...

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/26/1625364/-Trump-Dis ... te-Locations

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:25 pm

I love that. I'm gonna start calling them daily.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:57 am

It has been a week and this sorry excuse for a man is really taking the US back to the middle ages.

It is sad that things like this call system are needed, but I applaud all ways to fight back!

I feel sorry for you Americans having to deal with this crap already and dread the time when the rest of the world will start to feel it too.

WICharlie

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:32 am

Sign the petition to get Trump to release his tax records:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/petition-demanding-do ... d=spartandhp

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:34 am

You can sign, and I did, but petitions are pretty useless in general, and especially with him.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:16 pm

It supposedly has more signatures than any other petition has ever had on the site.

I just signed it too.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Sounds exactly like the person we've all been reading about!

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:16 am

I'm scared we can't fight this. Might seem like fear mongering, but it is what I truly feared since I first heard him speak as a candidate.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.3rld41a4j

and the previous day's article is key as well.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/what-things-going-wrong-can-look-like-400f84a0cc3a#.gelnit1uw

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:49 am

TexCavy, we have to fight it. If there was ever a time not to sit in a corner and suck our thumbs, this is it.

People donated $19 MILLION to the ACLU this weekend, busting the long-time record many times over.

You need to find a Pantsuit Republic or an Indivisible group near you, for support if nothing else, and you need to start calling congressmen. http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx will give you names and contact numbers of your state and national legislators. If you'll send me your email address through the mailer, I'll add you to the daily email of resistance actions that I'm doing. Some are local to Houston, but a lot are aimed at state and national issues.

I think this weekend, particularly the move the Bannon, is beginning to wake the Republican congress up, and that's encouraging.

Don't give up. It's WAAAY too soon for that.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:15 am

He gives very coherent arguments. Chillingly coherent.

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:19 am

I sent it bpatters.

Yesterday I was in another crisis. Alden, y'all know her, chatted with me on facebook and helped me out of it. Sometimes when the possibilities of how bad it could get hit me in the face I forget that we have to fight it all the way no matter how it turns out. Since he began running as president has has not done a single thing to make me feel safe in my country. Actually the opposite. I will never understand those who voted for him. No presidency should make so many people fear for their lives and their children and futures.

Oh, I am north Texas, in Denison, straight north of Dallas on Ok border.

63 posts