Information Age Warfare

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Somehow I don't think that's going to be jolly holiday reading, Bookfan!

rjespicer

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:05 pm

I recall reading some similar stuff many years ago. The phrase they used then was "Full Spectrum Dominance"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-spectrum_dominance

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I will read them too.

But they better leave my online bank account alone. If it's gone, who will pay my bills!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 am

While my husband absolutely refuses to do anything online - banking,bill-paying, etc, we both know we're still vulnerable because of some companies' stupidity and/or greed.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:42 pm

This is a must-read (listen). First is the link to the full Ted talk. Second is an abbreviated one. It makes a lot of things very clear. Please share!!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 pm

I do not have time right now but am very interested in watching this!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:36 am

That is extremely powerful (I watched the full version). She lays bare what has happened, what will happen, and the lack of accountability by facebook (primarily) and others.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 am

I definitely want to read this when I have some time to just sit quietly and watch it.

I will say...I've never felt so old as I do now, between Facebook and everybody walking around with iPhones glued to the side of their faces. We now have a generation of people almost zero communication skills, and the amount of 'information' (or in most cases, mis-information) and crap being spoon-fed to them (and frankly, to us all) is alarming to me.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:55 am

Yeah they aren't thinking on their own for the most part. I mean most kids never do but this is getting worse. We had a situation where a 19 year old girl took and Uber that turned out to not be her Uber car and she was murdered. I feel for the parents, it's heartbreaking but now they are trying to have the cursory Megans type Law, law passed where Uber must have a UPC code generated and the rider most swipe the phone, in a special tech light and blah blah blah.

Again feeling for the parents of the girl but she got into a car that had the wrong license plate, was the wrong type and wrong color car plus all she had to do was say what's my name to the driver and not get in when he didn't know her name. But no, we must have an iphone type solution when they already had one but it required reading.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Russia's plan to infiltrate & influence right wing parties in Western democracies has turned out to be one of the greatest intelligence successes in modern history-a sweeping, shocking, enduring success. We need to view everything from the 2016 election to the Ukraine scandal...

I don't know anything about this guy, but this thread sounds about right to me based on other things I've read/heard.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Wow, if you follow the link to twitter, there is lots more.

Painfully, lots more.

12 posts • Page 1 of 1