And in Other Trump News & Weather...

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:00 pm

President Donald Trump disparaged former FBI and Justice Department officials, expressed unabashed support for Saudi Arabia and took credit for plans to send undocumented immigrants to sanctuary cities as he spoke in typically unrestrained fashion at a rally in Wisconsin on Saturday night:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-fbi-scum-wisconsin-rally_n_5cc50f3fe4b04eb7ff96b682

I can't take it any more. Trump has nothing but utter contempt for decency, much less democracy. God help us when he wins in 2020---and he will, I'm sure of it.

If husband and I were younger and he were in better health, I'd be planning our escape to Canada right about now.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:30 pm

I don't even know what to say to that. Seriously, where is the outrage?

Husband and I live in a staunchly conservative, "pro-Trump" area of Southern Indiana, and we're really struggling with this. Again, how can so many otherwise decent, intelligent people turn a blind eye to what's happening?

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:04 am

I've seen several people who work with families that need neonatal palliative care post about this. In no way is it related to abortion. It is literally just the same kind of hospice care we give to the elderly, but for newborns with profound medical conditions that are terminal. None of those families need to be hearing this stuff right now, it's infuriating.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 11:33 am

This is interesting. We're losing the republic and our freedom to the least popular president in the last 74 years. Note: Trump is the green line on each graph.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 11:01 pm

He is hands down the absolute worst. I have a lot of company.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

This article is a couple of years old (by now, the author is probably like me and seriously wondering what would be involved in moving to Canada), but it's still relevant and offers a few useful tips on how to survive the World of Trump:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/how-to-surviv ... ose-who.html

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu May 16, 2019 10:59 pm

I think I read that some time ago. Still good advice.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am

I've just changed my homepage to a non-news site. I don't want all that bad news hitting me in the face every time I log on. And unless it's a really big day ( like the day Mueller testifies, assuming he does) I've stayed away from tv news.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 pm

I don't want to scare anybody but...

10 stages of genocide:
I. Classification
ii. Symbolization
iii. Discrimination
iv. Dehumanization
v. Organization
vi. Polarization
vii. Preparation
viii. Persecution
​ix. Extermination
x. Denial

http://www.genocidewatch.com/ten-stages-of-genocide

I think we're on the road.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm

I hope it is stopped in its tracks.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu May 23, 2019 12:05 pm

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Thu May 23, 2019 1:44 pm

For all we know, this is already happening in those immigration detention centers, or whatever they're calling them.

Our community has those stupid "Take My Hand, Not My Life" billboards all over the place. And yet...these same so-called Christians have no problem with a government that locks up babies and children like animals, and does God-knows-what with the parents.

'Right to Life' is, in my view, the ultimate hypocrisy in this country. It's not a stretch whatsoever to think that genocide, if it's not already a reality, is on the horizon.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat May 25, 2019 10:32 am

Yeah, it doesn't matter what happens to the baby once it's born, nor what happens to the mother at any point.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Friend of mine sent me this today:

Seriously, would it even be humanly possible for Trump to be a bigger idiot?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:08 pm

Amen.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Feels like a police state.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:47 pm

He could never get away with it - not to mention the whale of a job this would be to police.

85 posts