Moscow Mitch

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:48 pm

I just emailed my senator about House-passed bill that would authorize $775 million to beef up state election systems. Senate Majority Leader McConnell is preventing that bill from coming to the floor for a vote. There is some Republican support for this bill in the Senate, but McConnell won't let a vote happen.

He's done this many times before, including preventing the Senate from voting on Obama's plan to inform the public about Russian interference right before the 2016 election. There's gotta be something going on between Mitch & Russia. If he wants to be sure a bill doesn't pass, he just doesn't let the Senate vote on it.

PLEASE contact your Republican senators urging them to do something about this. And encourage like-minded friends, family & associates to do the same. We need a big push-back.

Here's what I said - not saying it's particularly good - I not a great writer, but just to give you some idea.

"I know there is some Republican support in the Senate for the House-passed bill that would authorize $775 million to beef up state election systems. Senate Majority Leader McConnell is preventing that bill from coming to the floor for a vote. Our freedom and our republic are at stake. Please fulfill your oath of office and get this bill to the floor for a vote.""

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:34 pm

He sure acts like he is a Moscow Mitch! I hope he gets kicked out of the Senate!

I know my two Virginia Democratic senators will fight for this.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:44 am

McConnell will never get kicked out. Too powerful and knows where all of the bodies are buried (literally and figuratively). I'm from Kentucky originally.

Here in Indiana, I guarantee Mike Braun-R will not support anything that helps make elections secure or more accessible.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:09 am

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:21 am

Mad Dog Pac is responsible for the billboard, according to the link. I used to follow that guy, Claude Taylor's Twitter feed. He raises money for billboards such as the above and for Dem. political candidates. I'm pleased to see this. It's been obvious something's been going on with Mitch, and this article explains it.

sef - I only emailed Blunt - R. Hawley - R would be a waste of time & I doubt if Blunt will show any backbone even if he supports the legislation.

VA has 2 Dem. senators!! Lucky you.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 am

Speaking of Kentucky...this is troubling news from my home town:
Democratic Headquarters Vandalized

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:09 pm

That looks precisely like what trump would scrawl on the walls.

He likes to call people what he is to divert attention to the fact that he is through and through racist.

An excellent take on all this:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/7/28/1874392/-The-deep ... ates-America

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:23 am

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Me like.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:33 pm

My fave is "Putin's Mitch".

:-)

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:14 pm

Wish I had the money to invest in a billboard...would be worth it to display that right along I-65 straight through Louisville.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:01 pm

I'll chip in, sef. Maybe Mad Dog Pac would organize it, and we could donate. I know a bunch of Louisville people who would contribute.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:47 am

I can chip in a bit if you let me know where to do it for this specific billboard. McConnell is a menace.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:08 pm

I sent this email to Mad Dog Pac:
Hi,

Some of us are interested in having a Moscow Mitch (or Putin's Mitch) on I-65 in downtown Louisville. How much would such a billboard cost? And could we direct donations specifically to that billboard?

Thanks![/quote}

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:45 pm

Keep us posted. I love the idea.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:58 pm

I got a response.
Hi Billie,

We would be happy to help you, but it is easier said than done. Billboard companies do not approve negative messaging about McConnell. Give me a call if you would like to discuss.

ErinDickins
Mad Dog PAC
erin@maddogpac.com
www.MadDogPac.com

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:07 pm

There is absolutely no question that once the election season gets here, we will see anti-dem billboards!

Would be great to find a private party with a farm, say, near an interstate and willing to put up a billboard.

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:18 pm

No question whatsoever. Wonder if it would be worth contacting the Louisville Democratic Headquarters?
https://louisvilledems.com/

Sef
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:07 pm

You go, girl:

24 posts