COVID-19

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:56 pm

UGH. Ran over to CVS a little while ago to pick up a prescription; probably should have used the drive-thru, but I also wanted more gloves a few other things. Anyway, walked up to the pharmacy counter and asked for the prescription. The technician retrieved it and was just getting ready to ring it up when she suddenly lowered her mask and sneezed. I **think** she sneezed into her arm, but I'm not 100% sure. I was sort of stunned. She immediately used hand sanitizer as she handled my bag, and there is an acrylic shield to separate pharmacy workers from customers, and I had a mask on, but that was a major ICK moment. :( You'd think a pharmacy worker, of all people, would know better.

When I got to the car, I took the pills out of the bag and threw the bag in the trash by the store. Sanitized my hands like crazy. Changed my clothes and washed my hair when I got home. I'm sure that was over-kill, but I was just so paranoid and grossed-out by the sneeze.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:06 pm

I don't understand how she could do the exact opposite of what she should do!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 pm

I just don't get it. I swear, it is really getting harder and harder for me to go anywhere.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 pm

I'd mention this to the pharmacy.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:00 pm

I did. I don't want to get anybody in trouble, but that person really should know better.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:06 pm

I had to think of you today, Sef. I went to CVS to pick up prescriptions, but luckily, no one sneezed or coughed on my bags (as far as I know).

I thought I was free and clear until someone backed into my car in the parking lot. :(

Oh well, no one was hurt and the other driver was wearing a mask too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 pm

I'm sorry about your car! I remember last year being rear ended and pushed into another car by an older driver. It was sad.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Oh no! I'm sorry, Tracis! Dang. :( I'm glad you are okay. How bad is the car damage?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:30 pm

Just cosmetic damage. Nothing serious, thank goodness!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:28 am

Still stressful, especially on top of all the other stress.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:20 pm

I hope the car is OK. Even minor damage can be costly.

471 posts