Stimulus Check?

WICharlie

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:42 am

Has anyone received their check yet? I know we haven't here in Wisconsin. Good thing I wasn't counting on that to pay rent (our house is paid off!), or food.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:46 am

Not yet. But here's a link where you can check on it: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:49 am

Mine was automatically deposited. My sister thinks that only happens if you got a direct deposit from your income taxes. She hasn't gotten her check & neither has my daughter.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 am

Nope.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:18 am

Direct deposit a while ago. Last Friday check for daughter. A couple misdelivered checks in mailbox that I left in the mailbox to be redelivered to the other two people. So they are getting out. Yesterday received the vanity mail from trump trying to claim it is all due to him you got anything at all.

Read about a man complaining he himself got none because his wife was not a citizen? Unsure of details. He is suing.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:44 pm

Lynx, it IS true that they're withholding money from people married to non-citizens. Every time I think the tRump administration has hit the lowest possible point, they dig out another shovelful.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:08 pm

It is so unfair! HE is still a citizen and counts! (I also believe his wife should count too but at the minimum, he should!)

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Fri May 01, 2020 9:14 am

Nothing yet here either. Plus my husband can't even apply for unemployment in our state until May 15th since he's considered an independent contractor. We're fine since we still have my income but I know there are plenty of people out there who aren't.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Fri May 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Ours in Minnesota arrived about 10 days ago. We filed our 2019 tax forms over a month ago, we have direct deposit, and we usually get a tax return so I think that’s the key.

My friend in Arizona who didn’t file yet hasn’t gotten hers yet either. She usually pays in so she doesn’t have direct deposit. And she moved 6 months ago so who knows if there’s a check floating around.

The Trump administration couldn’t plan a potluck lunch, much less a stimulus plan, but Trump has his name on the checks like he’s footing the bill.

The payments are going to people rather than corporations because the Democrats stepped in. The plan they pushed for would have included anyone with a tax ID or Social Security number:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/23/house-democrats-stimulus-senate-coronavirus-145388

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri May 01, 2020 12:47 pm

"The Trump administration couldn’t plan a potluck lunch, much less a stimulus plan, but Trump has his name on the checks like he’s footing the bill."

Which, if I understand correctly, is another reason for the delay in getting them.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Sat May 02, 2020 6:51 am

Partner got his - a whopping $30. I haven't seen (nor have looked for) mine.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 02, 2020 7:42 am

Still waiting for my tax return. Sent it off back in March and expected it sooner!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat May 02, 2020 9:50 am

We got that vanity mail too. Actually, I think it's campaign literature paid for by us.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 02, 2020 9:59 pm

Yes, I hate paying for this kind of fake crap with my tax payer dollars!

WICharlie

Post   » Tue May 05, 2020 3:29 pm

My 21-year-old son got his stimulus check yesterday. It did not come with any letter or with Trump's signature. My husband and I are still waiting.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue May 05, 2020 3:41 pm

The letter comes separately, later. My check was deposited to my checking account (refund sent there last year). I think the letter came at least two weeks later. With a mailed check, no idea when it might arrive.

trump is happy to claim sending money is all due to "him" "him" "him".

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue May 05, 2020 3:57 pm

Mr. Sef received his Donald Dollars today via check.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 06, 2020 8:51 am

Yay!

Sterilize it right away and then it can go to good use.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed May 06, 2020 9:04 am

I didn't sterilize it, but I washed my hands after touching it and Mr. Sef had to do likewise. He scratched through Trump's name on it as a political statement...not sure that was a good idea.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 am

I was seriously considering lining out trump's name if I got the money by check. I'm not sure if that would do anything to the validity of the check. The thought of that signature makes me furious. i saw a headline a few days ago with something about his name on the checks being illegal. And I thought they'd backed off that idea.

Covid aside, you'd want to sterilize anything that had trump's name on it.

31 posts