What the Hell? (or, Tump's Descent into Madness)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:51 am

A play on "Seinfeld" with laugh-track added in by the Lincoln Project:

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:25 am

I love the Lincoln Project ads. But some of the people behind them were architects of the current Rethuglican dominance strategy, and they're only against tRump. They'd like to save the party. So don't give 'em any money!

P.S. I do agree that the sane part of the Republican party needs saving -- we need a two party system. I'm just afraid they're not in the sane part of it.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 am

Oops, duplicate post.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:17 pm

I hadn't seen that one. They do such a great job with their ads!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:18 am

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 pm

He's got other cards up his sleeve. I believe he's already manipulating money to cripple the USPS & negatively impact voting by mail.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:27 pm

Yes, the millionaire he stuck as top dog for USPS has no postal experience and is cutting back hours and service. The repubs have been trying to privatize the USPS for years. They have also crippled the USPS with debt by demanding up front retirement funding.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:52 pm

I've been hearing a lot of scary things about the state of affairs inside the USPS right now. Not good:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/trump-postal-service-sabotage-vote-by-mail.html

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 pm

I read that earlier. The USPS is well-loved by most of us! I believe Louis DeJoy just testified in the House but I couldn't easily find confirmation and do not remember where I read it.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:23 am

I can't find anything about his testimony either. I happened across this:
https://postalnews.com/blog/2020/08/10/lawmakers-demand-remo ... -reelection/
Terrifying. I haven't looked at Sef's link yet.

I've seen some talk about drop boxes for "mail-in" ballots and there are other creative ideas for dealing with ballots filled out at home. So people don't have to risk their lives to vote to preserve democracy.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:42 am

Some states discourage the use of drop boxes, or even ban them outright.

In Texas, they can only be located at the county clerks' offices.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Well-known republicans are jumping ship and pledging to vote for Biden. As for the current crop of repubs and repub congresspeople, THEY KNEW what what he was when they voted for him.

And as to certain evangelicals:

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:20 pm

Dr. Jack Brown's tweet very interesting & true. I don't believe in the devil, but if I did, I'd think he lives in the White House. "flying monkey" - good one

I wonder if the number of Republicans jumping ship will accelerate to a tipping point. Not sure what the tipping point would be/do.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 am

Oh, if we're heading that direction, this is an interesting read: https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-s ... predictions/

What scares me is that there won't be enough people to jump ship to make a difference.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:10 am

Super article! New take on an existing evil!

Read the whole thing. Assuming all his biblical quotes are good (and do refer to the Antichrist), compelling argument!!

Would like to send this to some relatives....

And no, not enough to bring anyone around. There are actually a few good people who have voted for him for the wrong reason - (one issue voters). They are blind.

Blind.

And they are deaf.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Yes. There was a sub-redit that asked people who had changed their mind why they voted for Trump. It was an interesting mix of reasons why they voted for him in the first place. The biggest thing that changed these peoples' minds? Empathy. And growth being outside of their social bubble.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Empathy is powerful. I wish we were all blessed with it.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:26 pm

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:49 am

I read about that. So close to the elections, what are they thinking???

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:28 am

They're doing exactly what tRump and McConnell want.

174 posts