What the Hell? (or, Tump's Descent into Madness)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:09 pm

Excellent. Indeed, what is in those tax returns.

Also, this is lengthy but an important look at trump through the eyes of Tony Schwartz, ghostwriter of Art of the Deal:
https://gen.medium.com/the-psychopath-in-chief-aa10ab2165d9

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Bookfan, I agree about the term “senior.” I was a senior my last year of high school! Now I’m a woman of a certain age.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:50 pm

Not only has he not talked to Fauci, the WH is actively discrediting the doctor. IMO that means that Fauci is right, but it's just not the news some people want to hear. I have a friend who lives in Georgia. Their district's plan is basically no plan. Masks will be "encouraged" but not mandated. Classes will still be 25 kids. Buses won't have fewer riders, either. At least our district is thinking about options. Friend is going to use an online school next year. She can't see the benefit of putting her kids in that petri dish.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:04 pm

It is going to be a real mess. We have the University of Virginia opening this fall. They will be told to wear masks. Right.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:27 am

That whole thing with Dr. Fauci is going to come back to bite them. The WH is releasing edited conversations with Fauci from earlier in the year, and including only part of the conversation to make it look like Fauci was wrong. Then he can be the new scapegoat for Trump’s mistakes. “I always thought a mask was a good idea, but in February Dr. Fauci said I didn’t need one.” “Hydroxychloriquine was a bad idea from the start but Dr. Fauci said it should be tested.” That’s my fearless prediction.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:33 am

Only the smart people will listen to context explanation. The trumpies are lost.

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:57 pm

ItsaZoo, yes it is! The thing of it is is that Trump, and his campaign advisers think that discrediting Dr. Fauci will help Trump get re-elected, but it may lead to more trouble for Trump. I don't think discrediting science and Dr. Fauci is going to get Trump anywhere especially when there is so many lives being lost to this virus. Keep in mind that this president suggested to the American people to ingest/inject disinfectant, and this virus will go away.

Jan who hasn't voted in a long time is now registered to vote and has requested an absentee ballot; she is looking forward to try to vote Trump out. She said she has never seen a president that is so racist, dumb and so un-sympathetic in her life that she just wants him gone. She says Biden can't be any worse. Yes Biden may forget, or make mistakes but at least he has empathy.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Good for her! There are hundreds of thousands of us who can't wait to have trump gone! And each of us must vote to make it happen!

piggypie

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:08 pm

I've heard rumors up here that if Trump really thinks he won't win that he will resign to avoid losing. What would happen if he did resign right before the election? No one I know has an answer to that question as we don't understand the intricacies of US politics. Here in Canada if the leader of the party steps down an interim leader would be voted in by the party because we vote for the party not the person (well the person indirectly). Would Pence then take over in Trump's place? Would the Republicans put forward someone else at the last minute?

I'm very concerned for my friends in the states and what could happen if your elected officials don't get on the same page and get the virus under control in the US. We've just been given numbers about how many US travelers were turned around at our border because they wanted to come up and recreate in Canada during the pandemic. Over 10,000 US citizens were turned away at the border between March 27 and July 12 (I might have the March date wrong). My question is how many were admitted into Canada on false pretenses? We've heard about many US people flaunting the rules about travel into Canada and the quarantine required.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:05 pm

I think Pence would take over if Trump resigned. Honestly, that might be the best way for him to go. Who would be the candidate for the election - I have no idea.

US people are flaunting the rules all over the place (insert obscenities here). My apologies to Canada and the world for the actions of our country under Trump.

I worry about us too. When Hitler was in the bunker in Berlin, knowing that it was all over, he ordered Albert Speer to destroy whatever was left of German infrastructure (Speer didn't do it). If the 3rd Reich wasn't going to exist, neither was Germany. Trump's a little different (well I figure in Hitler's sick mind, Germany=Hitler). It's all about him. If he can't get reelected, he doesn't care what happens to the US. However Putin cares and would encourage any action to Trump that would cause more strife & conflict. That would make him more powerful. At least that's how I see it.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:00 pm

trump is rerouting coronavirus data around the cdc. Do you think possibly the numbers will be massaged so there are "fewer" cases/deaths? Dictatorship.

And in other news:
Russian state-sponsored hackers target Covid-19 vaccine researchers

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/16/russian-state- ... -researchers

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Diverting the data concerns me enormously. I have no doubt whatsoever that the numbers will either get "lost" or effed with, or both.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Do I think "possibly" they'll be re-routed? I think re-routing is the whole purpose, and we'll have no clue about what's going on with the virus.

piggypie

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:02 pm

If I were a hospital administrator I'd send it to Trump and the CDC quietly.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Trump's becoming more & more brazen with his dictator stuff.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Yes, because...who's going to stop him?

Meanwhile, back at the insane asylum:

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:12 pm

The scariest thing that's happened lately is that unmarked cars, with uniformed men but with no insignia, are picking up protesters in Oregon and taking them away, no charges filed. That needs to be stopped ASAP, but I have no idea what would stop it.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:35 pm

My husband just sent me the story a little while ago. Scary is right. Practice for November?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:23 pm

It's horrible. Makes me think of the Nazi SS or the "disappeared" in Argentina. It's dictatorial thug stuff.

Along with other things, I suspect this is yet another campaign move: play to his base with distortion & lies (antifa, left-wing violence or whatever they're calling it today), stoke internal divisions and strife, create fear, and temporarily move media away from covid or what ever else makes him look bad.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Another take on this by someone much better informed:

From another twitter thread:
NEW: @JoeBiden
confirms he is getting intel briefs as the Dem nominee

"We know from before, and I guarantee you I know now because now I get briefings again, the Russians are still engaged in trying to delegitimize our electoral process. Fact," Biden said at fundraiser tonight

174 posts