Biden // Harris => What a team!

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:22 am

Tears were shed here! What a nerve wracking couple of days. And a great moment for Harris and all the little girls. I am looking forward to the announcement on who is going to be on Biden's COVID task force. So looking forward to science leading the way and honesty.

WICharlie

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:04 am

I danced when I found out and then I cried during Biden's speech. I'm always a big sop though, so no surprise. It feels like there is a weight that has been removed from my chest.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:37 am

I think that's how a sizable chunk of Americans felt.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:53 am

We are close to the end of a National Nightmare.

January 20, 2021

Erinspigs

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 am

I have never been the popular kid in school, but the last few days I've at least been able to feel what it is like a tiny bit. My brother is shooting the fireworks for the Biden inauguration and asked if I wanted to come up from school to hang out with him. He said it's really crazy in DC and I should see if some "boys" want to come along and they can be "backstage" to watch the fireworks and hang out. He still thinks "boys" can protect me better.

So I asked several and everybody wanted to go. But most of them are boys as it turns out. We all got permission, what we have to wear, covid info etc etc. I can bring around 10 people my brother said because no one on their team is having friends or family come. So it really feels pretty cool to have everyone asking me about my brother, fireworks and stuff. They all think it's so strange that I know about how that little world works and none of them do, ha!

I think they are shooting near the mall but not positive, my brother is sending me text with where he has to meet me. I think he has to meet me somewhere else then bring us to where they shoot. Should be a fun time. I'll try and let everyone know how much fun it is, is anyone else going into DC?

Erinspigs

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:03 am

The White House area!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:45 am

That's fantastic, Erinspigs! What an opportunity! I'm very jealous....

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:06 am

Fireworks are a very fine way to celebrate Biden's inauguration! I have some rice crispie treats waiting ;-)

Post a couple fun pics afterwards if you can!

My plan is to send a simple one-word text to my family (brothers, sister) as he is sworn in.

Hallelujah!!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm

I would expect few people to go to DC. It's very shut down right now and local officials have heavily discouraged people from going to the city. Something like 13 Metro stations are closed, no MARC, no VRE, many other road closures, signs on highways saying to stay out of DC, etc. I might be able to hear fireworks but I'm not going any closer to DC than I need to be.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:40 pm

Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!

What a marvelous day! A very small, outside, celebration this evening! After having to numb one's self to the never ending barrage of evil, to have hope is utter euphoria!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:12 pm

Erinspigs, Fantastic. Fantastic. Fantastic Fireworks! Please congratulate your brother for me.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:38 pm

We heard the fireworks. It was wild to see them on TV and hear them outside, too.

112 posts