Pregnant and din't know and now have 3 babies.Please help :(

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm so sorry you lost him. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that seven is a great age for a guinea pig, and he obviously had a wonderful life with you.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Oh, Pooja Mehta, I am so sorry to hear you lost him. He sounds like he was such a special guinea pig - one that was so well-loved. You have all my sympathy. I am sure he knew you loved him.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:22 am

Godspeed and safe passage, Sandy. Your spirit and being are whole, and healthy, now. Comfort and joy to you. You will never be forgotten.

Hugs to you, Pooja.

For him to be noticeably recovering from the Baytril, to be eating better, and to be eating shortly before he passed, tells me he had heart failure or perhaps a stroke. For a piggy over 7 this would not be surprising. He did not suffer, and there is nothing you could have done.

I will take a chance here and guess you may be Hindu. If so -- know that Ganesha smiles upon Sandy now.

As a man, casting worn-out garments,
taketh new ones, so the dweller in the body,
casting off worn-out bodies,
entereth into others that are new...

For certain is death for the born,
and certain is birth for the dead;
therefore over the inevitable
thou shouldst not grieve.

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just know that Sandy is now happy and healthy and popcorning all over the place while he waits for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Sending prayers and hugs to you.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Thank you everyone for comforting me. I dint get a chance to tell him how much I loved him. I wonder if he knew :(

Talishan, I am a Hindu. I am surprised as well as happy that you know so much about my culture. I know Lord Ganesha is taking care of him and Sandy is very happy with Him.

RIP little one :*

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Sandy was experiencing impaction when on Enrofloxacin (had a little problem before but not serious). Whenever I was around I used to help him to get the poop out but when he died I wasn't around and he had lots and lots of poop stuck inside. I really wanted to take it out but he had already become stone cold by the time I reached and I felt I shouldn't torture his body like that anymore.

Can impaction cause death?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Not that quickly. Males that are severely impacted for days, weeks or months will obviously have problems if they can't pass stool easily (or at all), but they will also act a lot sicker. It won't happen in a day.

He knows how much you love him. He does not need words. He knew, from the way you handled him, cared for him and treated him. They know.

287 posts