Guinea pigs fighting

Trico

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:03 am

First of all, sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong forum, I’m new to this site.
I own 3 male guinea pigs, an older one(Leon) and two young brothers. The bigger one(Roscoe) is picking on the smaller one(Louie) Roscoe has just bit Louie and caused him to bleed on his ear. I have put Roscoe in my old pet store cage for now.
If he’s not getting along with his own brother I don’t think he’ll get along with any male pig, should I maybe put Roscoe with a female? If so should I get an older or a younger female?
What should I do with Louie’s ear, should I clean it?
Also in case anyone was wondering, they were all living in a 2x6 c&c cage and had plenty of space to get away from each other. Roscoe and Louie are about 11/12 weeks old. Also Louie currently has an ear infection, I’m giving him drops twice a day.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:23 am

You can rinse his ear with warm sterile saline solution. If it is torn, there isn't much you can do to put it back together. You would watch for signs of infect (warm to touch, inflamed, etc.).

How big is the cage? There are lots of topics about having guinea pigs get along in Cavy Chat.
www.guinealynx.info/companionship.html