Drooling blackish liquid

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:48 am

Oh, Charybdis, I am sorry for your struggles. Please, Please, PLEASE, take care of yourself. You can't help these pigs if you are worn out. Even if you do something as simple as take a shower in candle light and put pretty smelling lotion on your body afterwards (also by candlelight).

You are worth takeing care of yourself!

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:42 am

Thanks Jeannette. Pigglies was starting to complain today that I stink.

Wither is very lethargic but I'm still managing to get food in him. He tires easily though and then stops chewing the food I put in his mouth. It takes about an hour to get 12cc of Critical Care plus pedialyte in him.

It worries me that he is not lying down all the way. He seems to be propping himself up a little bit...I can usually find space between his stomach and the ground. To me this signifies stomach upset or kidney problems. I think the latter is more likely. His stomach is not painful or bloated.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:53 am

I'd go with your gut then. Good luck to you guys. I'm pulling for Wither.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:20 pm

Witherspoon is still the same.

I called the vet and Dr. R will not be in until tomorrow morning. So I left all of the information about compounding and dosing Enalapril so that he could have it ready for us tomorrow. I'm sure he will call me if they can't make it and I'll get it from the compounding pharmacist. That way Wither won't have to wait any longer.

Kara, thank you so much for posting all that info.

ottosmom

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:16 pm

Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts to you today Chary. Try and take care of yourself today. You are doing your absolute very best for Witherspoon and your other piggies. I wish I lived close by so I could help you. You have such a burden right now and I sure hope your volunteers can help lighten your load a little. If there is any other way we GL's can help out, be it monetary donations, items donated to sell at your Pet Expo booth, supplies, or anything else, please let us know. I know it's probably hard to ask for help, but you could sure use it right now with all your sick piggies and vet visits lately.
I really hope Wither holds on today and that the heart meds help him out. He's one lucky fellow to have you. What ceases to amaze me about you is that you still find time to offer valuable advice to others with sick piggies. There's a special place in Heaven reserved for you, Chary. God bless you for all you do.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:48 pm

Thanks Ottosmom, that's sweet. Actually the only thing I have to do while hand feeding pigs is read the GuineaLynx threads.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:09 pm

Well, I agree with ottosmom! You let us know if there is anything we can do.

Providing entertainment is our specialty! We need a troll, eh?

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:01 am

Wither is a little more alert this evening. He went to Pigglies' house for the meeting and everyone held him. Then he was hand fed strips of celery, carrot, and broccoli. His head does not appear to be tilting anymore and he is lying in a more relaxed position. Not getting my hopes up too high, though. We go back to the vet in 12 hours.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:33 am

Good luck, Chary. We're pulling for you and Wither over here.

domill

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:22 am

Gosh, I feel so bad for you. Please try to take care of yourself. I know when Chestnut was sick, I was a basket case, looked terrible and felt even worse. I can't imagine how you feel taking care of more then one sick pig. Best wishes at the vet today.

xxrw2

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:11 am

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you both too, sending positive vibes your way. Can't wait to hear what the vet says today. Give Wither a scratch for us.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:38 am

I hope things will get better soon. They just have to. You posted such kind words to me when Louie was sick and I wish to do the same for you. I will be thinking of you and Witherspoon today. Give him a big kiss for me.