Princess - Bladder Sludge and UTI

lisam

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Hey Chad! How's Princess doing? Caramel is finally perking up. I've been giving her critical care, and she eats hay and grass, but no pellets.

ChadWPB

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:11 pm

Princess has been pooping and eating quite well. She eats everything ashe ate before, incouding her pellet breakfast. Every morning we're greeted by the little perky one and piles of perfect poops (would Princess poop any other way? What a prissy piggie.)

In fact she poops better than she did before the surgery. They used to be smaller and drier.

We have taken her out of the tiny pet store cage and rehomed her in a 2x2 grid pen. We've laid it out inefficiently so she can walk, but not run, and the hidey is fairly large, so she feels comfortable. She never seems to be in pain at all and sits normally. We've been giving her Metacam twice a day.

She nibbles on the cage bars for her buddies and wheeks vigorously for veggies.

I'm glad to see Caramel finally turning around. Princess seemed to be slowed only for the rest of her surgery day. Here's to quick and speedy recovery for both our little sows.

anglaz

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:22 pm

Sending well-wishes your way! Get better, piggers!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:02 am

Oh, that sounds great, Chad. You sound like an old hand at this too. I'm sure I would still be pulling out my hair worrying.

ChadWPB

Post   » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:09 pm

We let Princess see her buddies on the couch today, with mixed results. She and Snuggles got along very well. If Princess got impatient with Snuggles, he backed off (smart guy!). Otherwise, there was no chattering or any other signs of hostility.

Marilyn on the other hand might have realized Princess's condition and tried to seize the dominant spot. I had to take Marilyn away. The dominance dance thing will come later. Princess is not ready for that just yet.

So I let Princess enjoy some time relaxing with Mr. Snuggles. She seemed to enjoy the time with him in her comfy cozy.