Julian - 5 days old - inverted eye lashes

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:14 am

Has she accepted them yet? Sometimes it takes a day or two. Try rubbing the babies all over Mom. As silly as it sounds, sometimes she smells a familiar smell and it helps. Hopefully by this morning all is well. If Mom didn't have any babies for more than a day, her milk has started to diminish also, I would imagine.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:14 pm

She has taken them back.

She wasn't without pups totally, I had her with Julian alone.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:39 pm

Hooray! How's little Julian doing today?

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:43 pm

The same. Tomorrow is his appointment, I hope something can be done for him quickly.

tede

Post   » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:31 pm

Erin - I've just been to my vet with what I believe is the same problem. At first he thought ulcer, then said a scratch and on closer look saw that fur (or lashes) were growning upwards into eye and very probably causing the problem. He gave ointment for putting into eye 3-4 X/s daily. Gave Neo Poly Bac Ophth ointment.

My piggie born Sat is 4 days old now. This following sounded somewhat strange to me, but I suppose could work - he talked about taking a stitch or 2 at the hair line to make it grow downward.

Hope your piggie gets better. Your pictures look much like when the doctor shined light in my little girl's eye. Only in one eye though. But they both kind of 'float' around. Do you notice that problem?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:35 pm

I think someone posted that this sometimes corrects itself (it would correct itself fairly quickly). Good luck to you both.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:47 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "float around"

tede

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:05 am

trouble posting - doesn't accept.

just looks like the eye travels up on it's own and you see the white part of eye below and when she looks forward you see the back of the eye where it looks white.

Her brother had same problem. I think instead of inverted lashes, it's whorls of fur growing upward into the eye.

tede

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:19 am

I guess I just don't have a hang of posting yet. I tried to edit this previous post.

By 'floating around' I just mean it's like she has no control the direction her eye goes.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:37 am

No, his eyes are stable. Just clouded on the top portion from where it getting rubbed by the lashes.

tede

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:53 am

Maybe it is something different, but sounds strangely alike with the blotch on the eye and the similarity of fur/lashes in eyes.

What did you say is being done about it? I admit I don't know a lot about this kind of thing. Just thought our circumstances looked similar (and piggie's ages). I'm concerned about my little girl, too.

In the meanwhile I will just continue the ointment and see Vet Saturday

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:22 am

I will find out what is going to be done this afternoon. His appointment is at 4 today.