Are we pregnant?

AuntyLaura

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:37 am

When I was at my local shelter this week, there was a big counter in the front. One side of the counter had a sign above it reading "Adoptions" the other side of the counter had a sign above it reading "Surrenders". While I stood in the "Adoptions" side with another woman who was adopting a cat, I saw a line of twenty or so with all kinds of very nice animals at the "Surrenders" side, going right out the door. It broke my heart.

SpottyPoo

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:08 pm

My goodness. All of you go back and re-read the posts under this section. Do you hear yourselves?? Bitchy, caddy, judgmental -- I can´t believe that these same people "love" and "care for" animals. Is this the poison that is deep inside your hearts?

We are all different - we come from different backgrounds, different upbringings - it would be a terrible thing if we were all alike!! We all do things differently. Not everyone is responsible, that I agree with. The staggering numbers of homeless animals is inexcusable. But guess what, folks? Even if everyone in this country alone came together to get that problem under control, there would still be another animal control problem somewhere else. Just like there will be suffering among people that no one can do anything about. We cannot control everything that we´d like to.

Yes, BE responsible pig owners!! Yes, ADOPT pigs!! But don´t attack someone who wants to do something differently or something you do not agree with. I believe that´s commonly known as discrimination. And yes, I do have a personal relationship with Christ, and I don´t use that as a "lazy-assed excuse," I don´t expect anyone to "nod their heads respectively," and I am certainly capable of "rational thought." And the only thing that "scares" me Angeline, is everyone´s bitterness on this board.

I suppose I have now supplied you folks with yet even more ammunition for your bashing session, so have at it if you must. But remember one thing that we ALL have in common here: we love guinea pigs.  :]
Last edited by SpottyPoo on Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:20 pm

Is this the poison that is deep inside your hearts?

I guess so. And I suppose the poison in your heart is that you don´t give a rat´s ass about the health and well-being of your sow. To you, having babies is worth risking her life.

I can´t believe that you ´love´ and ´care for´ an animal that you are willing to sacrifice in order to serve your desire for baby pigs.

Even if everyone in this country alone came together to get that problem under control, there would still be another animal control problem somewhere else.

Well, that´s a very logical and reasoned argument. You´re right. We shouldn´t even try, because in the end there´ll always be a problem.

And that wonderful rebuttal applies to other areas, as well. We shouldn´t try to help the homeless and hungry, because there will just be homeless and hungry people somewhere else. We shouldn´t prosecute criminals, because there will still be criminals somewhere else. Why try to cure any disease, because it´ll still exist in some other country. And, if we eradicate it, another, worse disease will just pop up in its place.

Yup. You´re absolutely right. It´s all pointless. Why even try.

Kool-Aid, anyone?

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:21 pm

I have one simple question: Why are you posting here?
I can´t see what you´re trying to achieve by stating over and over again that you don´t like this place. I believe someone has told you before Cavies Galore might suit your personality better.

Do you hear yourselves?? Bitchy, caddy, judgmental -- I can´t believe that these same people "love" and "care for" animals. Is this the poison that is deep inside your hearts?
You havn´t the slightest idea who we are and what we do. The only judgmental bitch I see here is you.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Discrimination is allowed on privately owned websites. Even if it wasn´t, it´s not illegal to discriminate against someone because of their "breeding beliefs".

If you don´t like being judged by your beliefs, then go somewhere where people agree with you.

sparkle

Why are you all fighting? :(

I´m not joining any sides but why not agree that some people want to breed and some want to rescue? What are you all trying to acomplish with arguements like this. :(
Last edited by sparkle on Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purrie

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:22 pm

I believe the word is "catty". A caddy, spotty-poo, is a person that carries another´s golf clubs.

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:23 pm

No, we can´t agree on this. Some people rescue BECAUSE some people breed.

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:24 pm

Spotty-
Your own words, on page 1 of this thread.

I will no longer post here or even read this site.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:28 pm

Sparkle - I believe it´s obvious that some people want to breed and others "want" to rescue. However, the people who operate this board, and those who have most of the knowlege, vehemently disagree with breeding. If a person wants advice on how to breed their animals, this is the wrong place to come for it. Their arguments come from experience and passion about those beliefs, and the hoped for accomplishment would be to end all unnecessary breeding of animals.

sparkle

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:34 pm

Sorry I was only asking

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:43 pm

And I was only answering...no raised voice or bitchy intentions here...