Are we pregnant?

Wheekers3

Post   » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Yep, there are rendering plants here. They make their rounds of Vets freezers on a monthly basis. There are crematoriums as well, but it is an offered option. Many animals are allowed to be brought back home and buried.

County to county it may vary.

Freaky that this post was dug up.

truffie
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:18 pm

KM's post is so heartfelt and gut-wrenching, maybe it should be referenced or copied into the "breeding" section. I read it years ago, and came across it again today, and I could just about cry each time I read it. Who knows, maybe someone out there will think twice before intentionally breeding. There will always be some people who will never get it, but it is something everyone should read at least once.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:33 pm

It is (I'm pretty sure). It should be on this page:
www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:22 pm

KM's post was fantastic! It is so much more than just losing them during pregnancy and birth.

Reba came from critterluv, who pulled her and her sisters from a "backyard breeder". She is two years old and I have spent the last two weeks basically watching her die, because in all honesty there is only a very slim chance that she will make it thru this (her thread is on here for those interested). Even if she does live, her health will never be very good. The vet's reasoning as to why this young pig is so unhealthy? Bad breeding. The vet said that if her age had not been verified then she would have placed her at being 5 or 6 instead of 2.