Eye Discharge, Localized Hair Loss, and Antibiotic Treatment

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:54 pm

I feel for you and your loss. Rest in peace little Deuce.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:11 pm

How touching.

Ketus15
Love is a Guinea Pig

Post   » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:13 pm

Thank you so much, everyone. Its truely amazing how much better I feel. I can't wait until tomorrow when its even easier. I'm flooded with memories of when he was healthy and full of love. Even though the past month might as well have been a year, it seems so far away. Now if I would only stop looking for him in the cage.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:14 pm

You'll never forget him, I'm sure.

A case history would be most welcome. Complete treatment and medical details would certainly aid other people.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:40 am

I am so very, very sorry, Ketus. Know that you did all you could possibly do, and then some.

When the time is right, there will be another for you to help, and put to work what Deuce taught you, and what you have taught us.

Safe passage, little one, with your parsley and water for the trip. We will always remember you, and we thank you for helping us help others.

Piggster

Post   » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:01 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Deuce a wonderful home and care,

George1

Post   » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Hey guys this is just a note for ketus 15,.
A week ago I lost one of my guinea pigs to what we also believe was renal failure and it has been a very distressing time.
The day before I had to say goodbye to little george (I didn't realise it was our last night with him at this point) I went onto the internet in the hope of finding out what was wrong with the little guy. I typed in his symptoms and in the results I found the touching story of Deuce, as I read the thread I discovered that many of things you had experienced were very similar to what was happening to george. I was devastated when I read that little deuce hadn't made it, and that george may not recover either, however as sad as it was it helped to prepare me for the worst that could and did happen.
The next morning I came into my living room to find that george had collapsed and at once he was rushed to the vet where I was told that there was nothing to do but put him out of his misery.
Since then I have come to terms with the loss and am now looking at getting a new playmate for the remaining pig.
So this is a thank you for all your help in simply documenting the story of deuce and i hope that if anyone else goes through this with their pig that at least they'll know that they're not alone and that it wasn't their fault, it just sometimes happens, I'm only glad that george went quickly and is now out of pain.
Thank you