Male with bladder stone--need a good vet

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:07 pm

I, too, am in tears reading you beautiful tribute to Peppi.

I'm so sorry that Peppi is gone. I'm sure, though, that spending his last hours at home, in a warm cozy, knowing that you and Chester were there loving him, was the best, last gift you could have given him.

He was lucky to have you with him on his journey. You gave him a wonderful life.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:58 pm

He was a very special little guy. I am sorry that he's gone. I think he was lucky to have you and you were lucky to have him. May he rest in peace now.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:48 pm

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. They have meant a lot. It was so hard washing veggies this morning. I knew I had to wash less, but somehow I ended up with the same amount I used to wash, and I just lost it. Peppi would always be waiting at the end of the cage, chewing the bars, and it was so hard to see that corner of the cage empty.

We've been trying to give Chester extra attention. He seems a little bored and sad. We put one of Peppi's cuddle cups that hadn't been washed since he last used it in the cage for Chester, and he's been sleeping in it. I hope that Peppi's smell will be a comfort to him. In a week or so, we will try to introduce Chester to Cedric. I'm not really ready for it, but if Chester needs company, I want to do it for him.

I'm feeling a lot of feelings of regret I didn't expect. I keep wondering, did I pet him enough? Did I hold him enough times besides when we were doing things he disliked, like wrapping his feet? Did he know how much I cared? I didn't think I would feel this way. I hope he knows how much he meant to us.

Thanks again to all of you. Many of your posts were so touching they made me cry, but they have been comforting.