Elsie's ugly teeth

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 am

Do you think I should use the Frontline spray on them as the vet suggested?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:39 am

No, I wouldn't use Frontline spray.
enalapril dose is .13cc twice/day every other day.
Why every other day?

I'd be sure she's getting 1mg twice daily. She sounds as if she needs it.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:48 am

How do you know she needs more enalapril? The vet said to increase the Lasix if need be and that would be preferable to increasing the enalapril.

Right now her breathing seems normal which I find odd too.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:57 pm

Because she's still very lethargic.

And - sorry - the 1mg dosing is for lotensin, not for Enalapril.

Dosing the enalapril every other day makes absolutely no sense to me - most ACE inhibitors are dosed twice a day.

As you've said you think her time is limited, it might surprise you to see the affect of heart meds (specifically the ACE inhibitor) properly dosed.

I would at least discuss this issue with your vet.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:59 pm

Okay, well then are you suggesting I give it to her every day instead of every other day?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:00 pm

Yes, I'm suggesting twice daily.

And get her switched to Lotensin if at all possible.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:23 pm

We are finally chigger-free! O:) I think it was the LymDyp that did the trick along with a cool change in the weather on Thursday night!

Elsie wants to but can't eat due to her bottom teeth being a mess. I have a pic to post but my dsl modem at home is on the fritz so I'll post when I get back online.

I have to feed her critical care a few times day/night for now but she is breathing okay.

Her back legs seem very weak and she is wobbly when she walks. She has much trouble walking on Carefresh so I may set up a fleece bottom cage on my living room floor for her.

Annabelle sleeps right up against her and is always looking out for her Elsie! We are grateful for each day she is still with us.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:47 pm

Glad to hear you finally got rid of the chiggers! I know they were driving you guys nuts. Hope she perks up.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:08 pm

Great news!

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Yay!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Okay, here is a pic of the ugly teeth situation:

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:19 pm

Elsie now has a huge swollen front paw. I have been waiting over 2hrs for a vet to call.

I started her on Bactrim last night. Is there anything over the counter I can use to soak her paw? I went to get Chlorhexidine but I need a prescription. That's what I was waiting for the vet to call for. Since they are now closed I doubt I can go pick some up from the office at this hour.