Help needed...piggie with bloody scabs

melcvt00

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:30 am

If he's scratching at specific spots consistently, you could always try Benadryl Spray.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:36 am

Thanks Mel. I'll get some today and try that. I now have more meds for the piggies than I do for me!

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:41 am

Gosh GPLover, this has been going on since before Thanksgiving. I think you the most patient of all people. How can you think that you need to be more patient.

It all sounds so frustrating. I have a magic wand that I can send you. Shall I FedEx it?

This piggie is most fortunate to have you as his benefactor.

lisam

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:10 am

I think that if there are still active mites, the bath will irritate them and cause worse itching. If the mites are gone, and it's the healing scabs that itch, then a bath would be soothing. My idea on it, anyway.

Becky

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:02 pm

If it's mites, I gather bathing is not a good idea.

If you do bathe, though, I highly recommend the SebaLyt. It's what my vet said to use for my Teddy with itching, flaking skin.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:36 pm

Barbara, you haven't noticed all the hair GPLover has pulled out of her head since this started? It's been scattered throughout this thread. I think there are a few empty liquor bottles too.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:50 pm

Her head really has a nice shape to it.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:26 pm

"It all sounds so frustrating. I have a magic wand that I can send you. Shall I FedEx it? "

Please do!!

"I think there are a few empty liquor bottles too.'

Ack...I hate liquor but if I didn't there'd be lots of empty bottles around!

Can you believe this??? I think I have a home for him and he just won't get better.

I came home and found him bloody again. I put Benadryl cream on the two bloody spots.

The vet thinks he still has mites. How long can this possibly take????????

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:36 pm

Poor boy! I am hoping the Revolution will kick in and then kick a** on those mites.

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:02 pm

Did you end up giving him a bath? Just curious if that triggered him or if it's just the cycle again. I'm sorry this is taking so long. It stinks for both of you, because of somebody letting things go way to long.

Becky

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:06 pm

Where is that ancient thread about mites by Cara? Didn't she struggle with this for months and months? I'll try to search it out.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:34 pm

Demodex mites. Many ivermectin treatments. I don't remember open sores like this. Demodex would be a good search word.