GP - you're awsome.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:40 pm

Thanks. I added the pics.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:46 pm

Is he on any oral antibiotics? It almost seems like a bacterial skin infection possibly.

lisam

Post   » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:14 pm

I wrapped a pig with bad sores before--I used gauze and vetrap. It talks about bandaging here.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:12 pm

No, he's not on antibiotics.

Thanks Lisam....I wrapped him up and he's fine until I put him back in the cage. He freaks out and manages to get the bandage off. I just re-wrapped him and will leave him to hang out in his pigloo on a towel on my bed for a while before I attempt to put him back in his cage.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:11 pm

Okay, I re-wrapped and put him back in his cage. He keeps having these fits and tries to scratch. I feel really bad for him. How long before the Ivermectin kicks in and he stops the scratching????

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:33 pm

I don't know but I surely hope it is soon. If anyone's around in the morning, maybe you could see if you could get steroids.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:19 am

Well, I'm happy to report that this little wrapped up pig has calmed down. He still scratches but now he just scratches the bandage! Thanks for the great idea. Please...anybody in New Jersey that can take him???

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:52 am

That is a really cute picture. Poor little guy!

Evangeline

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:27 am

Carol, go to your last post. Look at that picture, then look at your avatar. I see a sign.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:51 pm

OMG, it *is* a sign!

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:52 pm

wow. I didn't even notice that.