Swollen belly or fat? Side effects from medicine?

pinta

Post   » Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:43 am

You can give the meds at the same time. Baytril is fine for pigs. Try and get Lasix in a liquid form or give it to him separately in the pill form. You need to make sure he is getting all of it. You can't be sure when it's in the food.

I wish I could help more.

Ada

Post   » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:14 am

Just to put an ending to this story, the little guy passed on yesterday. I kind of knew yesterday morning that he had had enough, and I had planned on calling the vet and bringing him in that evening, but he didn't make it that long. On a kind of happy note, I got to say goodbye to him when I had stopped at home in the morning, rushing to get to the hospital where my sister-in-law was in labor. I kissed him on the ear when I went back to work at 2, and my mother said that by 3, he was gone. So I really do believe he waited. I am so happy he isn't struggling anymore. Thank you everyone for helping.

~ada

pinta

Post   » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:05 am

I'm so sorry. It must have been so much harder with your work pressures.

I asked my vet about hydrating and she said that when the pig is in kidney failure you shouldn't hydrate since the fluids can't be processed and will back up into the system (lungs?) Otherwise hydration is the procedure for kidney ailments.

Again, I am sorry he didn't make it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:50 am

I'm so sorry you lost him. Glad you had a chance to say good bye.

AuntyLaura

Post   » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:34 am

I'm so sorry you lost your little one. You did everything you could for him and he knew it. Take care.