Reoccurring bladder infections

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:57 pm

Oh dear, I'm so very sorry. It sounds as if you did the kindest thing by ending his suffering, but it's still hard to lose them.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:02 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.
You did everything you could to help him.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:21 pm

I'm so very sorry. He had a good life with you but I know it's hard to not have him around anymore.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:17 pm

I am so very sorry, Kallie. It sounds like he was greatly loved by everyone in your family and will be missed. I so wish he had had even more time with you.

Piggster

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:21 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Chestnut was a gorgeous boy.

Becky

Post   » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Oh, I'm very sorry. You did a wonderful job of keeping him pain-free and healthy for as long as you did.

The way my vet described it to me is that once the stone completely blocks off one of the kidneys, it can cause the other kidney to go into acute renal failure. It happens in such a short amount of time.

You did the best thing you could for him by giving him a peaceful passing. Rest well, little guy.

Kallie

Post   » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:29 am

Thanks everyone for your kind and gentle words. Things are getting a bit easier to cope with as we go through each routine change for the first time. He taught us so much and we will use that knowledge with the fostering that we’ve been also doing for AliceMcmallis.

He really did like to surprise people with some of the goofy things he did and he managed to convert a few of our friends who were guinea pig disbelievers into lovers and new owners.