Sundae

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:09 pm

Best to him and to you, Mum. Please let us know what the bloodwork shows.

gotcavies
Supporter in '15

Post   » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:05 pm

I am sorry that you are having such a rough time with him. If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:40 pm

Poor guy! I'm sorry things look so complicated for him. I wish you the best.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 pm

Poor Sundae, hope things get better for him. Mum he is so lucky to have a good home and loving person to love and care for him. He is in good hands.

Please let us know when you have any news.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:37 am

I'm thinking of you and Sundae.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:58 am

Well, when the time is right you'll know what's best for him now that he's "home".

klynne

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:05 am

Well, at least it is somewhat of an answer. I know you've been racking your brains and saying "what ifs" about adopting him out to that lady. Sounds like he's just been ill for a long while now.

I think it's a very good thing he has you, even if it may only be for a short while longer.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:54 pm

Well, here's something interesting:

I just got his bloodwork back, and it's all within normal range.

What the heck does that mean?

klynne

Post   » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Um, that it is not his time yet?

You said he was happy, eating, and bouncy. I say let him enjoy and love on him while ya can.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:43 pm

Rosa's bloodwork was normal too if I remember correctly. The tumours probably aren't affecting his quality of life yet.

gotcavies
Supporter in '15

Post   » Fri May 18, 2007 4:23 pm

How is Sundae doing? Any weight gain or changes in the past few weeks?

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri May 18, 2007 8:31 pm

I hope Sundae is feeling better. You know we need anew picture of your baby.

barb5417
For all Wonkys & Winkys

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 1:04 pm

Mum, I've just got done reading this, and my prayers are with you and Sundae.
I'm happy that his horrible adoptor, had the sense to bring them back to you. His best chances are with you.
God Bless.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 1:36 pm

He continues to lose small amounts of weight in spite of all he eats. But he's happy and alert and hanging in there.

Thanks for asking!

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Well at last he is far better off with you and now he knows he is loved for sure.

maremma

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 9:00 pm

Aww Mum I just read through this thread and am so heartbroken for you and Sundae. I understand your heartbreak.

Did you and the vet discuss any kind of treatment for the tumors? When BigBilly was thought to possibly have cancer my vet had mentioned steroids as a type of chemo therapy for guinea pigs with cancer.

I realize with so many going on surgery wouldn't be an option but perhaps the steroids would help him for awhile or at least to be more comfortable and eat better/gain weight?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 10:56 am

He's eating very well and seems to be in no discomfort at all.

I do, however, give him metacam daily - just in case.

He gets regular food treats throughout the day, which he scarfs.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 11:07 am

I am glad he still is hungry. Bless you for hospicing him.

maremma

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Metacam is a non steroidal anti inflammatory right? I am pretty sure she meant an actual steroid. I am guessing it would have to be a higher dose kind too though.

I am going to try to so some research on it as I had never heard of it before the nightmare with BigBilly happened.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Doom was put on prednisone for inoperable lymphoma. The vet said pred would kill immature cancer cells and prevent new ones from growing in his tumors. I'm not sure how good it was at that, as his tumor grew larger and he had to be put to sleep 3 weeks later.

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11454&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

He was in good spirits until he started being extremely floppy, and falling on his side (liver problems from anorexia from the tumor making it hard to eat + stealing all his calories) and was euthanized that morning. His poops were bright orange but he had a good appetite as far as he could actually breathe enough to eat.

168 posts