Ack! Why did Jackie lose weight?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:15 pm

I think if it were me I would 1) dab a little KY on his private parts. That has some chlorhex in it and would also act as an antimicrobial ... but I fear you're going to need some AB's for whatever infection it is that's stinking. :-(

How old is Jackie?

Edit: Prep H is drying, and that's essentially the point. It reduces swelling (and hopefully, also pain thereby) and does dry a little.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:18 pm

He'll be 5 on July 31.

I didn't see any abscesses, just the red sores. Do you think the chlorhex in the KY would be sufficient to cure the infection or should I go for something systemic?

Wouldn't it be painful and friction-filled if Jackie's penis and prepuce were dry and rubbing against each other?
Last edited by salana on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:18 pm

No, it should not be drying. It's a lubricant of sorts. I think there are different products. The one I got that I used on Nina's feet is called: [bah, I went to look for it and couldn't find it -- but it is an ointment]

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:20 pm

I think I'd give it a day or two of keeping him scrupulously clean and dry (with the understanding that this is Jackie and may be a little hard to do), and applying the KY. If the sores are not completely gone, or very quite well on their way to completely gone, then go for systemic.

I'm hoping the sores are simply from the entire package being (sorry) overstuffed with wet smegma. But it might be more than that.

If you do try Prep H (it really helps my husband, don't you guys ever dare tell him I posted that on the internet), get the regular, old-fashioned, traditional ointment only. I think it has a green label. They also make a gel (you don't want that) and a product with an astringent (witch hazel) in it. You most definitely don't want that.
Last edited by Talishan on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:20 pm

p.s. maybe Talishan knows more than I do about the Preparation H. Or maybe she used a different product? When I first went to buy it, I couldn't figure out which one to get and finally settled on an ointment.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:22 pm

I think he had some hairs jammed in there with the smegma. Hopefully it's just contact irritation. Usually he has loads of dry smegma without irritation though.

Now I have to go find Jackie's very own tube of KY from his previous butt misadventures.

I should probably mention that his poops smell super yeasty, too.
Last edited by salana on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:23 pm

" ... maybe Talishan knows more than I do about the Preparation H."

Mr. Talishan does. ;-)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 pm

We kept tripping over each other (I kept missing your posts, Talishan).

Glad your household has some experience with this ;-)

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Well, he looks a lot better today. Still red and a little spotty on the inside of the foreskin.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Poor old Jackie! He'll always be an adolescent in my mind. It's hard to imagine him as an old dude.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:36 pm

He's still an adolescent inside the skull.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 pm

That is encouraging. It had to hurt!