Ack! Why did Jackie lose weight?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Jackie's foreskin is unhappy again. He has a swollen red place on the inside with a white sore in the middle of it. But it looks like he has no sores on his penis this time.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:39 pm

Poor old Jackie. Hope he's feeling better soon, and doesn't bite you too much.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 pm

Okay, I just looked again, and there's now no white spot. It looks like a patch of skin came off and it's all red and raw. Poor little boarly boar! I know he wanted to be in working order to give his mom a birthday present (not that she would accept it).

He hasn't bitten me today. He struggles and kicks and even cries.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Poor guy! Preparation H?

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:05 am

That is painful just reading about it. And I never even had a foreskin. At least not in this life.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:53 pm

I don't like that it's reoccurring. I think if it were me I'd make a vet appointment and see if a systemic AB is called for. :-(

Without reading back (and I apologize if I've missed it), what is he bedded on? We have one that would get kiln-dried pine splinters wedged between his penis and foreskin, embedded in smegma (sorry, JaneD) before we switched to CareFresh in that cage.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Jackie is bedded on CareFresh. And he doesn't have any visible irritants wedged in there.

Feylin

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:48 pm

I just read through Jackie's thread.
I'm not sure if I should be laughing hystericaly or cringing in sympathy.

I hope Jackie's boarly parts are all functional soon!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:05 pm

I guess I should say, Jackie is bedded on CareFresh and GIANT MOUNDS OF STINKY POOPIES as that is how he chooses to decorate his sleeping spots.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:44 pm

I wonder if he has a yeast infection?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:51 pm

I wonder, too. His poops are very bubbly and stinky.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:49 pm

I'd try some Nystatin and if that doesn't work, some Flagyl. I believe both are pretty benign (although we had one pig that could not tolerate even Flagyl, even with probiotic supplementation).

Me wonders if bubbly and stinky are not in some way contributing to his part problems as well. Can't visualize how, but it just seems logical they may be connected.