Ack! Why did Jackie lose weight?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:09 am

He's very handsome.

Go ahead and add them, Lynx.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:27 am

Here are Peaches's x-rays: https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 10#1367610

She's got a fused spine and pretty terrible arthritis especially in her knee that means she walks like she just got off a horse.

Cosequin changed her whole life-she is a new pig because of it. We also give her meloxicam, divided into a morning and evening dose so she gets enough to last her through the day.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:40 am

That's the first time I've seen video of Jackie. He IS handsome. Hope he feels better soon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:52 am

Thanks. I cropped them slightly to download faster.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:09 am

Poor Jackie. He's such a darling guy.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:33 am

Incidentally, the vet said that Jackie specifically had lumbar spondylosis. Poor little dude. He was very grumpy with me and didn't even want his yummy meds yesterday when I got him home from the vet. But this morning he was so happy to have TWO syringes of tasty goodness (Metacam and Bactrim) to slurp on, so I guess I'm forgiven.

He seems to feel a little less pain when he sleeps like this:

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:31 am

Oh, darling Jackie. Be well and comfortable. I have no advice as I'm just dealing with simple arthritis but considering how uncomfortable my little one can be, Jackie has my sympathy.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:34 am

Handsome Jackie! He does look more comfortable there.

Sending good thoughts.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Jackie's becoming an old man. Wow, time sure flies. Jackie and my Peanut would make a good old couple with their arthritis problems. They both could use a "scooter" to get around. I hope Jackie's ol bones feel better. Does he perk up around Suzi? Maybe he needs some girl lovin.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:33 pm

How old is Jackie now? (I'm sure you mention it somewhere...)

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Jackie's 5 now.

His back hurts so much he doesn't even try to hump Suzi and chase her around. :(

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:43 am

Poor old Jackie - he looks like he hurts. Hope the meds help ease the pain.